Exclusive: Tata Tiago JTP spotted testing in India
Tata Motors might have shelved the RaceMo project but then are going ahead with the development of JTP cars. This is the first time that the Tata Tiago JTP has been spotted testing by OVERDRIVE reader Athul Zakkir and from the looks of it, we believe this one is being readied for a festive launch this year.
Last year, Tata Motors had announced its partnership with the Coimbatore based Jayem Automotives called JT Special Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture. This was then followed with the showcase of the JTP models of the Tata Tiago and the Tigor at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The camouflaged Tata Tiago JTP wears a tweaked front bumper along with a vent on the hood. The side and the rear profile of the Tata Tiago JTP are not seen but that too should feature a sportier finish.
The cabin of the Tata Tiago JTP is equipped with all-black interiors, leather wrapped steering with contrasting red stitching, aluminium pedals and Harman infotainment system.
The Tiago JTP will be equipped with a 1.2L turbocharged Revotron motor that makes 110PS and generates 150Nm of torque, which is much more than the 85PS/114Nm in regular version.
This motor is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The company has still not disclosed any claimed figures on acceleration and top speed which we expect to be quicker and faster than the regular Tata Tiago.
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.39 Lakhs
- News2019 Mahindra Thar 700 limited edition 4x4 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsHonda Amaze Ace edition launched at Rs 7.89 lakh to celebrate 1 lakh sales in 13 months
- NewsMG Hector SUV reaches dealerships ahead of official India launch
- News2019 Le Mans 24: No.8 Toyota of Nakajima, Buemi and Alonso takes victory
- NewsWhat to expect from Revolt's all-electric motorcycle - India debut tomorrow