Exclusive: Tata Tiago JTP spotted testing in India
Tata Motors might have shelved the RaceMo project but then are going ahead with the development of JTP cars. This is the first time that the Tata Tiago JTP has been spotted testing by OVERDRIVE reader Athul Zakkir and from the looks of it, we believe this one is being readied for a festive launch this year.
Last year, Tata Motors had announced its partnership with the Coimbatore based Jayem Automotives called JT Special Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture. This was then followed with the showcase of the JTP models of the Tata Tiago and the Tigor at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The camouflaged Tata Tiago JTP wears a tweaked front bumper along with a vent on the hood. The side and the rear profile of the Tata Tiago JTP are not seen but that too should feature a sportier finish.
The cabin of the Tata Tiago JTP is equipped with all-black interiors, leather wrapped steering with contrasting red stitching, aluminium pedals and Harman infotainment system.
The Tiago JTP will be equipped with a 1.2L turbocharged Revotron motor that makes 110PS and generates 150Nm of torque, which is much more than the 85PS/114Nm in regular version.
This motor is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The company has still not disclosed any claimed figures on acceleration and top speed which we expect to be quicker and faster than the regular Tata Tiago.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019