EXCLUSIVE: Tata Tigor facelift to be launched in the next few weeks
OVERDRIVE has learnt from sources that the facelifted Tata Tigor sub-four-metre sedan is set to be launched in the country in the next few weeks.
The Tigor has been on sale since Mar 2017, so this seems like a pretty quick update. But the company has done this to maintain the strong sales figures that the Tigor generates. Its competitors like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze have seen a generation change while the Hyundai Xcent has also received a significant update.
Pre-facelift model for reference only
Changes to the Tigor will include minor revisions to the front grille, chrome inserts in the head and tail lights and a new design for the alloy wheels. Other new exterior features are a new design for the alloy wheels and a shark fin antenna. New exterior colour options, including the flagship dark blue colour option seen on the Hexa, are expected to make an appearance.
The interiors will receive new upholstery and a bigger infotainment system, possibly with Android Auto/Apple Carplay compatibility.
Powertrain options will remain unchanged from the earlier Tigor. This means a 1.2-litre petrol with 85PS and 114Nm as well as a 1.05-litre turbocharged diesel with 70PS and 140 Nm. A 5-speed manual and an AMT will be the transmission options. The standard petrol Tigor XM is priced at Rs 5.2 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) while the diesel comes in at Rs 6.05 lakh. We expect a marginal price increase over the current car.
Starts Rs 5.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru