Exclusive: Vardenchi to unveil Moto Morini range at the 2014 Auto Expo
Vardenchi, the Mumbai-based motorcycle customisation house, has confirmed that two iconic Moto Morinis have left Bologna for an official Indian unveil at the Auto Expo 2014. Also to be showcased at the expo is a custom designed motorcycle by Vardenchi based on the Moto Morini's 1200cc V-Twin.
The Moto Morini Scrambler and the Moto Morini Granpasso are expected to launch in India later this year. We will soon bring you the sketches of the custom.
Last year, the custom house tied-up with the iconic Italian motorcycle manufacturer to import and distribute its motorcycles in India. OVERDRIVE was the first to report the story. Read full report here.
It seems that Moto Morini's initial focus in India will be limited to off-roading / adventure motorcycles with the Italian company choosing to leave its street bike Corsaro 1200 out of its Auto Expo lineup. Read the history of Vardenchi and Moto Morini here.
All the three motorcycles will be powered by the same 1187cc V-twin that the company calls Bialbero Corscorta. This engine was designed by Franco Lambertini, a former engine designer for Ferrari, who was also responsible for the 1970s 31/2, perhaps Morini's most famous model in history.
Moto Morini Scrambler
Moto Morini Scrambler is built for all-terrain crossover use, ably aided by the 19" front wheel and the tread-blocked tyres, be it asphalt, the cobblestones, or else the off-roads. The Scrambler is equipped with the Bialbero CorsaCorta 1187 cc twin cylinder that makes 120PS of power and and 102Nm of torque. The 21-liter tank is one of the most striking styling elements and has a sporty and ergonomic design which is not intrusive for the rider.
Moto Morini Granpasso
The Granpasso 1200 is Moto Morini's answer to the BMW and KTM Adventure series. It boasts a 1187cc V-twin oversquare engine which is good for 120PS of power and 103Nm of torque. The clutch is a multi-disc wet slipper one while the brakes are dual-Brembos. Typical to these class of motorcycles, the Granpasso has an oversize windshield and comfortable seats. Suspension duties are taken care by Marzocchi upside down units in the front and an Ohlins side-mounted monoshock with a piggy bank reservoir.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled