Exclusive: Yamaha to launch Ray 125 in India soon
At the recently concluded Auto Expo 2014, Yamaha confirmed that they are working on another scooter based on the Ray platform. We now have information that this scooter will be the Yamaha Ray 125. Dealers have already started sending their service staff for training for this new scooter. Expect Yamaha to launch the Ray 125 in India around September this year.
The Ray 125 is expected to have a bored out version of the existing 113cc engine. As has been the case before, it will not be a performance oriented machine but will look to add some zip with respectable fuel economy numbers. Yamaha may launch this scooter with a front disc brake, which competitors like Honda with its upcoming Activa 125 and Vespa with the VX already offer. The styling of the Yamaha 125 will more or less follow the Ray's lines but will be a tad bigger than the latter.
This will be Yamaha's last scooter this year for the Indian market before they shift focus back to performance motorcycles. Yamaha is already working on a big update of the R15 and FZ. Read more about them here
Starts Rs 50,817
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance