ExxonMobil partners Maruti Suzuki for fourth year in a row
Oil and gas major ExxonMobil Lubricants Private Ltd. has announced that it will be the official lubricant partner for all Maruti Suzuki rallies in 2017. This is the fourth year of the partnership and the season kicks off with the 15th edition of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm. The rally will be held from January 29 to February 04, 2016. This will be followed by the Dakshin Dare and the gruelling Raid de Himalaya. The 2017 Desert Storm will begin from Delhi and culminate in Jaipur via Hanumangarh, Bikaner, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur. The terrain presents unique challenges and it's a test of both man and machine.
Speaking about the partnership, Deepankar Banerjee, chief executive officer (CEO), ExxonMobil Lubricants said that the company is committed to excellence and it's this shared value with Maruti Suzuki that makes this partnership a natural choice. He also added that the company has partnered many leading automakers as well as racing teams across the world, and the company is as excited about motorsports as an enthusiast.
It's a given that race and rally cars undergo a lot of stress. There are innumerable gear changes and high engine revs at all times. The strain on the motor increases with changes in weather conditions, such excessive heat or cold. Oil companies usually partner with race teams to test and develop engine oils which helps their engineers formulate better oils, the benefits of which ultimately filters down to those who drive an everyday automobile.
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018