ExxonMobil partners Maruti Suzuki for fourth year in a row
Oil and gas major ExxonMobil Lubricants Private Ltd. has announced that it will be the official lubricant partner for all Maruti Suzuki rallies in 2017. This is the fourth year of the partnership and the season kicks off with the 15th edition of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm. The rally will be held from January 29 to February 04, 2016. This will be followed by the Dakshin Dare and the gruelling Raid de Himalaya. The 2017 Desert Storm will begin from Delhi and culminate in Jaipur via Hanumangarh, Bikaner, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur. The terrain presents unique challenges and it's a test of both man and machine.
Speaking about the partnership, Deepankar Banerjee, chief executive officer (CEO), ExxonMobil Lubricants said that the company is committed to excellence and it's this shared value with Maruti Suzuki that makes this partnership a natural choice. He also added that the company has partnered many leading automakers as well as racing teams across the world, and the company is as excited about motorsports as an enthusiast.
It's a given that race and rally cars undergo a lot of stress. There are innumerable gear changes and high engine revs at all times. The strain on the motor increases with changes in weather conditions, such excessive heat or cold. Oil companies usually partner with race teams to test and develop engine oils which helps their engineers formulate better oils, the benefits of which ultimately filters down to those who drive an everyday automobile.
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh