F1 2015: Hamilton takes victory under floodlit Bahrain
Taking a very commanding lights-to-flag win at Melbourne was something that clearly was just an indicator of what Lewis Hamilton intended to do the rest of the 2015 season. Following similar success at the Chinese GP, Hamilton had another inch perfect race, winning under the floodlights at Bahrain. Following him home in second place was Kimi Raikkonen, taking his first podium for Ferrari in the 2015 season, while Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg had to settle for third.
F1 2015: Hamilton's win under the floodlights at Bahrain see him increase his lead in the championship to 27 points
Even with Hamilton on pole though, there was some amount of readiness for a Ferrari resurgence given that the team had updates for Bahrain. And while Sebastian Vettel looked rather capable of challenging the Mercedes duo, he sustained front-wing damage, had to make an extra pitstop, and then wasn't able to recover to a podium position.
Over in the other Ferrari, the Iceman was able to slowly and steadily bridge the gap Rosberg. With the Ferrari on the medium compound and the Mercedes on the soft compound tyre, Raikkonen was able to eat away at the 16 second advantage that Rosberg had over him. Things weren't all too easy for Mercedes, though, with Rosberg's car suffering a brake failure on the penultimate lap, causing him to run wide and letting Kimi through to second place. With the brakes on Hamilton's car giving way on the last lap, it was a narrow win for Mercedes.
Valtteri Bottas took a fine fourth place for the Williams team, with Vettel finishing fifth. This means that Rosberg now moves up ahead of Vettel in the driver's championship. While Lewis Hamilton increases his lead at the head of the standings to 27 points.
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16
- NewsHyundai Verna gets a new 1.4 litre diesel option, other new variants
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 SUV unveiled in Thailand with sportier trim
- NewsE-Trio Automobiles to launch retrofitted EV conversion kits for Alto and Wagon R
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350X ABS and 500X ABS spotted at dealerships in India
- News2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro image gallery