F1 2016: Hamilton on pole at Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton flanked by Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel and Nico Rosberg after qualifying at the 2016 Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton took pole position at the 2016 Canadian Grand Prix by 0.062sec, beating team-mate Nico Rosberg to top spot on the grid. Hamilton's timing on his pole lap was 1min 12.812sec. Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel set the third-fastest time, two-tenths slower than the Mercedes pair.
Fourth place on the grid went to Red Bull Racing's Daniel Ricciardo, who lost time on his best lap when he grazed the Wall of Champions. Ricciardo's Red Bull Racing team-mate, Max Verstappen, will start the race fifth. Sixth spot on the grid went to Kimi Raikkonen in the second Ferrari.
Williams drivers Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa were seventh and eighth fastest. Nico Hulkenberg took Force India to a ninth spot in Q3, while Fernando Alonso managed to make it to tenth spot for McLaren.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000