F1 2017: Sahara Force India VJM10 launched at Silverstone
The new Sahara Force India VJM10 breaks cover at Silverstone
Force India unveiled their new 2017 challenger at Silverstone yesterday. The VJM10 is the first machine that Sahara Force India has built entirely on their own. The car, powered by Mercedes, features the team's characteristic silver, black and orange livery.
There are changes of course - keeping with the 2017 season regulation changes, the new Force India features a shark fin engine cover and the thumb-stub nose that we've seen on other cars for the 2017 season.
Unveiling the car at Silverstone were Esteban Ocon and Sergio Perez, the team's two drivers for the 2017 season. While Perez is an old hand, Ocon is a rookie, a part of the Mercedes Junior team.
Speaking at the launch team principal Vijay Mallya said that repeating the team's 2016 performance - they finished fourth overall in the constructor's championship - would be a task in itself.
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon