F1 2017: Sahara Force India VJM10 launched at Silverstone
The new Sahara Force India VJM10 breaks cover at Silverstone
Force India unveiled their new 2017 challenger at Silverstone yesterday. The VJM10 is the first machine that Sahara Force India has built entirely on their own. The car, powered by Mercedes, features the team's characteristic silver, black and orange livery.
There are changes of course - keeping with the 2017 season regulation changes, the new Force India features a shark fin engine cover and the thumb-stub nose that we've seen on other cars for the 2017 season.
Unveiling the car at Silverstone were Esteban Ocon and Sergio Perez, the team's two drivers for the 2017 season. While Perez is an old hand, Ocon is a rookie, a part of the Mercedes Junior team.
Speaking at the launch team principal Vijay Mallya said that repeating the team's 2016 performance - they finished fourth overall in the constructor's championship - would be a task in itself.
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review