F1: Jost Capito leaves McLaren within months of joining
Jost Capito left Volkswagen for McLaren in 2016
Just months after actively joining McLaren, having left his position at Volkswagen Motorsport, McLaren Racing's CEO, Jost Capito has quit. Capito had announced his switch to McLaren in January 2016, only having taken on his role with the team in September 2016, once he guided Volkswagen to their WRC title last year.
However, Capito has left his role with McLaren now. It was a fairly short stint, with the 58-year old German only having served in his new role with the Woking team for five months. One of the reasons being cited as the reason for Capito's departure from McLaren is that he and the team were unable to find "common ground" as to how the team would grow.
Eric Boullier is now reporting to McLaren's boss Zak Brown, who took over after Ron Dennis' sacking, and the team's Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Neale.
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts