F1: Jost Capito leaves McLaren within months of joining
Jost Capito left Volkswagen for McLaren in 2016
Just months after actively joining McLaren, having left his position at Volkswagen Motorsport, McLaren Racing's CEO, Jost Capito has quit. Capito had announced his switch to McLaren in January 2016, only having taken on his role with the team in September 2016, once he guided Volkswagen to their WRC title last year.
However, Capito has left his role with McLaren now. It was a fairly short stint, with the 58-year old German only having served in his new role with the Woking team for five months. One of the reasons being cited as the reason for Capito's departure from McLaren is that he and the team were unable to find "common ground" as to how the team would grow.
Eric Boullier is now reporting to McLaren's boss Zak Brown, who took over after Ron Dennis' sacking, and the team's Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Neale.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery