F1: Liberty Media appoints Ross Brawn to the post of Managing Director, Motorsports
Ross Brawn has been appointed Managing Director, Motorsports by Liberty Media
Rumours that Ross Brawn was going to play a key role in the future of Formula 1 have been floating around since news of Liberty Media's takeover of F1 first broke.
It has now been announced that Liberty Media has appointed Ross Brawn to the role of Managing Director, Motor Sports. Brawn has been a key advisor to the company during the entire takeover, and has now been given a role within the group itself. This has been confirmed by Chase Carey, who replaces Bernie Ecclestone as F1's big boss, in his role as CEO of the sport.
Another announcement has been made - Sean Bratches, of ESPN fame, will take on a role similar to Brawn's. Except while Brawn will work on the sporting side, Bratches will work on the commercial side of the sport.
Speaking on his return to Formula 1, Brawn has said that he is happy to make a return, and is looking forward to working with the new group of individuals in charge of F1 in order to help the sport evolve.
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?