F1: Liberty Media appoints Ross Brawn to the post of Managing Director, Motorsports
Ross Brawn has been appointed Managing Director, Motorsports by Liberty Media
Rumours that Ross Brawn was going to play a key role in the future of Formula 1 have been floating around since news of Liberty Media's takeover of F1 first broke.
It has now been announced that Liberty Media has appointed Ross Brawn to the role of Managing Director, Motor Sports. Brawn has been a key advisor to the company during the entire takeover, and has now been given a role within the group itself. This has been confirmed by Chase Carey, who replaces Bernie Ecclestone as F1's big boss, in his role as CEO of the sport.
Another announcement has been made - Sean Bratches, of ESPN fame, will take on a role similar to Brawn's. Except while Brawn will work on the sporting side, Bratches will work on the commercial side of the sport.
Speaking on his return to Formula 1, Brawn has said that he is happy to make a return, and is looking forward to working with the new group of individuals in charge of F1 in order to help the sport evolve.
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India