F1: Robert Kubica to test Renault R.S.17 at Hungaroring
After two days of testing a V8-powered 2012 Formula 1 car, Robert Kubica will get his first test session in a current car at the Hungaroring on August 2. The Polish driver, who tested the E20 on June 7 in Valencia, Spain, and on July 12 at Paul Ricard, will now drive the 2017 machine, the R.S.17. It will be an opportunity for him to come to terms with the new car, and it will also be an opportunity for Renault to assess Kubica's abilities in the new machine.
Cyril Abiteboul, Managing Director, Renault Sport Racing, stated, "The first two days of testing allowed both Robert and ourselves to gather a great amount of information. The upcoming session with the R.S.17 at the Hungaroring will allow us all to obtain detailed and precise data in a current car and representative conditions. After this test, we will carefully analyse the collected information to determine in what conditions it would be possible for Robert to return to competition in the upcoming years."
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works