F1: Robert Kubica to test Renault R.S.17 at Hungaroring
After two days of testing a V8-powered 2012 Formula 1 car, Robert Kubica will get his first test session in a current car at the Hungaroring on August 2. The Polish driver, who tested the E20 on June 7 in Valencia, Spain, and on July 12 at Paul Ricard, will now drive the 2017 machine, the R.S.17. It will be an opportunity for him to come to terms with the new car, and it will also be an opportunity for Renault to assess Kubica's abilities in the new machine.
Cyril Abiteboul, Managing Director, Renault Sport Racing, stated, "The first two days of testing allowed both Robert and ourselves to gather a great amount of information. The upcoming session with the R.S.17 at the Hungaroring will allow us all to obtain detailed and precise data in a current car and representative conditions. After this test, we will carefully analyse the collected information to determine in what conditions it would be possible for Robert to return to competition in the upcoming years."
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block