Image gallery: Facelifted 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class gets an updated C 220d diesel variant
Alongside the C200 petrol, Mercedes-Benz India will also bring the facelifted Mercedes-Benz C-Class to in India in the C220d diesel variant. Although the car could be sold here in another name, the engine will be the new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel motor which puts out 194PS and 400Nm, replacing the older 2.1-litre unit which made 170PS/400Nm. The new 9-speed auto also makes its way here.
Changes have been made to the engine to improve frictional losses and also to reduce weight. Most notably though, the diesel motor misses out on the EQ boost 48-volt system that the petrol motor comes with. International models also get four-wheel drive version as well. But keeping cost considerations in mind, that version is unlikely to be available here.
Understandably, the exterior and interior changes seen on the facelifted C200 petrol are also carried over here. The driver assistance systems from that car should also make an appearance here.
There are also reports that the 245PS C 300d will also make it to the Indian line-up, but a final decision has not been made on that as of now.
See our image gallery of the Mercedes-Benz C 220d/C 300d below. Note the AMG styling package present on the cars in the pictures.
Redesigned LED headlamps and new colour options are some of the exterior changes
The interior gets an updated infotainment, new materials and a new steering wheel
The new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel motor puts out 194PS and 400Nm,
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh