Facelifted BMW 7 series sedan India launch: expected engines
Facelifted BMW 7 Series sedan will be launched in India tomorrow (July 25). The 7 Series gets a new fascia that includes a larger grille, new bumpers and sharper styling elements. The interiors have been updated as well. The instrument cluster is all digital and the infotainment system has been updated with the recent firmware.
Mechanically the sedan will have a choice of petrol and diesel engines. Let's take a closer look at what power figures to expect from the soon launching 2020 BMW 7-Series.
As team OVERDRIVE's recent spy shot confirms that the manufacturer will offer the 730Ld trim with an in-line-six cylinder diesel engine that puts out 269PS and 620Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Expect the 745e trim which has a mild hybrid system mated to a six-cylinder petrol engine. The motor has an all-electric range of 58kms. The overall fuel efficiency is said to be 45kmpl, however, that is according to the European test rules.
750i's V8, twin-turbo petrol, which now makes 537PS and 750Nm of torque could be on offer as well. This trim benefits from BMW's XDrive all-wheel-drive system.
The 760i gets the V12 petrol engine that produces 593PS and 850Nm of torque is available internationally, however, we have our fingers crossed if that will be offered in India.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for live updates on the launch of BMW 7 Series.
Starts Rs 1.22 Crore
- NewsAll-new, 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin breaks cover!
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza facelift spied - likely to get a petrol option
- NewsTata Motors launch Pro Edition of Harrier, Hexa, Nexon, Tigor and Tiago - stars at additional Rs 29,999
- NewsKTM 790 Duke's Bajaj Auto finance scheme explained - launched in India for Rs 8.63 lakhs
- News2019 KTM 790 Duke launched in India - Priced at Rs 8.63 lakh