Facelifted BMW 7 series sedan India launch: expected engines
Facelifted BMW 7 Series sedan will be launched in India tomorrow (July 25). The 7 Series gets a new fascia that includes a larger grille, new bumpers and sharper styling elements. The interiors have been updated as well. The instrument cluster is all digital and the infotainment system has been updated with the recent firmware.
Mechanically the sedan will have a choice of petrol and diesel engines. Let's take a closer look at what power figures to expect from the soon launching 2020 BMW 7-Series.
As team OVERDRIVE's recent spy shot confirms that the manufacturer will offer the 730Ld trim with an in-line-six cylinder diesel engine that puts out 269PS and 620Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Expect the 745e trim which has a mild hybrid system mated to a six-cylinder petrol engine. The motor has an all-electric range of 58kms. The overall fuel efficiency is said to be 45kmpl, however, that is according to the European test rules.
750i's V8, twin-turbo petrol, which now makes 537PS and 750Nm of torque could be on offer as well. This trim benefits from BMW's XDrive all-wheel-drive system.
The 760i gets the V12 petrol engine that produces 593PS and 850Nm of torque is available internationally, however, we have our fingers crossed if that will be offered in India.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for live updates on the launch of BMW 7 Series.
Starts Rs 1.22 Crore
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut