Facelifted Kia Sorento launched in South Korea
Kia Motors has launched the facelifted version of the Sorento SUV in South Korea. The South Korean automobile manufacturer unveiled the third-generation iteration of the Sorento SUV in August 2014. The facelifted models gets design changes on the outside as well as more premium features inside. The SUV is available with a choice of three engine options in South Korea. The SUV is priced between 27,850,000 - 34,250,000 Won in South Korea.
Back in 2014, the new-gen makeover of the Kia Sorento brought a totally revised design. The facelifted iteration maintains that theme but with added sportiness. The front gets a revised grille while carrying forward the Tiger Nose look with chrome bits that is a popular trait of this SUV. The new headlight design gives a sleeker profile and also comes with projector lights. The LED DRLs have been repositioned to the bottom section. The front bumper too has been revised to house the new LED foglamps that looks similar in design to the Sportage. While the side profile remains unchanged, the rear gets new light with additional LED stripe. The bumper design has been tweaked too with new reflectors and exhaust pipe design. The alloy wheel design of the previous model has been replaced by a sportier 19-inch design that will be standard on the top end variant.
The 2018 Kia Sorento's interior too has been updated for a more premium design. This can be seen with the new steering wheel as well as the gear selector. Kia will be offering more colour and options for the customer to choose. Importantly, Kia will also be offering CarPlay and Android Auto as standard connectivity methods for its new-age touchscreen infotainment system on the Sorento. There is also an option of opting for wireless smartphone charging. In addition, the Kia Sorento also comes equipped with multiple safety features like blind spot warning, forward collision assist, adaptive headlights and lane assist.
In terms of powertrain choices, there is the 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbodiesel that makes 186PS/402Nm followed by the 2.2-liter turbodiesel that generates 202PS/441Nm. There is also a 2.0-liter petrol motor that makes a maimum of 240PS and generates 353Nm. The facelifted Kia Sorento will be available in both front-wheel drive or all-wheel drivetrains.
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh