Facelifted Maruti Alto K10 to be launched in India on November 3
Maruti Suzuki will be launching the new Alto K10 in India on November 3 in New Delhi. The updated car isn't just a facelift and carries cosmetic as well as mechanical changes.
The headlamps in the 2015 Maruti Alto K10 are now bigger and flanking them is two piece grille with a chrome strip running in the upper half. There are also dark plastic fog lamp enclosures. The tail lamp design too has been revised. Maruti engineers worked on making the engine bay shorter and this has contributed to a perception of roominess inside the cabin. This and the 1.5cm increase in width and height should ideally make the Alto K10 a bit more spacious than before. The instrument cluster, the upholstery, steering wheel and dashboard are all new and lend some fancy elements to an entry level car.
The major change has happened under the hood with Maruti employing improved combustion techniques as well as a remapping to achieve a class best ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 24.07kmpl. The 1.0-litre K10 petrol engine though makes the same power and torque figures as before but now comes with an optional AMT transmission. All this along with the 15kg reduction in overall weight makes the Alto K10 an even zippier car. Top end variants will come with a driver airbag as well.
It is expected that the new Maruti Alto K10 will be priced lower than the outgoing model. Watch out this space on November 3 for more details.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Alto K10
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh