Facelifted Maruti Suzuki Ciaz spotted testing undisguised
More images have appeared on the internet showing the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz without any camouflage. These reiterate the changes that we expect the new car to come with.
The updated sedan now comes with a sleeker front-end design. The grille is thinner and more subtle. Unlike the earlier car, there is restrained use of chrome with only a thin strip above the grille. The headlamps are reprofiled as well with new LED DRLs. The front bumper is also new as well, with C-shaped chrome inserts around the foglamps.
Also, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift will feature the 1.5-litre motor recently seen on the Indonesian-spec new generation Suzuki Ertiga. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. The 1.3-litre diesel motor will be carried over unchanged.
The silhouette of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift too looks identical to the present model, except for a slight change in alloy wheel design. To the rear, the lights and the boot design have been carried from the present model but feature new LED details. The rear bumper too has got a revision in styling in the form of new contours on the lower section. The only image of the interior of the Ciaz facelift that has been put out shows an updated dashboard. The size of the infotainment screen has got larger and even the trims look more premium. It does bear some resemblance to what is offered on the Honda City facelift, that was launched earlier this year.
The Ciaz is a good seller in the C-segment space, behind the Honda City and these changes will help it stay relevant to buyers. The Honda City has undergone a facelift while the Verna has seen a generation change since the Ciaz was first launched. Prices of the facelifted Ciaz, when it launches later this year, can be expected to be a slight premium over the present car.
Image Source: TeamBHP
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16
- NewsHyundai Verna gets a new 1.4 litre diesel option, other new variants
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 SUV unveiled in Thailand with sportier trim
- NewsE-Trio Automobiles to launch retrofitted EV conversion kits for Alto and Wagon R
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350X ABS and 500X ABS spotted at dealerships in India
- News2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro image gallery