Facelifted Maruti Suzuki Ciaz spotted testing undisguised
More images have appeared on the internet showing the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz without any camouflage. These reiterate the changes that we expect the new car to come with.
The updated sedan now comes with a sleeker front-end design. The grille is thinner and more subtle. Unlike the earlier car, there is restrained use of chrome with only a thin strip above the grille. The headlamps are reprofiled as well with new LED DRLs. The front bumper is also new as well, with C-shaped chrome inserts around the foglamps.
Also, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift will feature the 1.5-litre motor recently seen on the Indonesian-spec new generation Suzuki Ertiga. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. The 1.3-litre diesel motor will be carried over unchanged.
The silhouette of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift too looks identical to the present model, except for a slight change in alloy wheel design. To the rear, the lights and the boot design have been carried from the present model but feature new LED details. The rear bumper too has got a revision in styling in the form of new contours on the lower section. The only image of the interior of the Ciaz facelift that has been put out shows an updated dashboard. The size of the infotainment screen has got larger and even the trims look more premium. It does bear some resemblance to what is offered on the Honda City facelift, that was launched earlier this year.
The Ciaz is a good seller in the C-segment space, behind the Honda City and these changes will help it stay relevant to buyers. The Honda City has undergone a facelift while the Verna has seen a generation change since the Ciaz was first launched. Prices of the facelifted Ciaz, when it launches later this year, can be expected to be a slight premium over the present car.
Image Source: TeamBHP
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show