Facelifted Vento and Rapid to get Ameos 1.5-litre TDI motor
The facelifted versions of the Vento and Rapid have been in works for some time now. Test mules of the same have already been spotted on numerous occasions. While the changes that the new Vento and Rapid receive don't look substantial from outside, they will get the new 1.5-litre TDI motor that debuted in the recently launched compact sedan, the Ameo. We expect Skoda to launch the Rapid facelift by the end of this year while the Volkswagen Vento facelift hits showrooms in sometime early next year in India.
The 1.5-litre TDI motor in the Ameo makes 110PS of peak power and generates a maximum torque of 250Nm. Volkswagen offers an option between a 5-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG gearbox mated to this motor. The 1.5 TDI motor also proved to be quicker than the GT TDI as it does 0-100kmph sprint in 10.9s (automatic) and 10.8s (manual) against the 11.4s in the hatchback. We have already experienced both these choices. Read our detailed first drive report here. The petrol powertrain will be retained from the existing iteration.
Image source: autocolumn
The design changes that the 2017 Volkswagen Vento gets, as seen from the test mules, are an all LED headlight cluster with LED DRLS, redesigned bonnet, triple-slat radiator grille, tweaked bumpers with new fog lamps housing and blackened alloy wheels. The design revision that this C-segment sedan from Volkswagen is expected to get makes it resemble the more premium Passat. The update in the cabin design and features list is still not clear from the test mules.
Image source: MotorBeam
Coming to the Skoda Rapid facelift, the design looks crisper than before with the new grille - similar to that of the new-gen Octavia and the Superb. There are design changes on lights, bonnet, bumpers, fog lamp housing and alloy wheels. Inside, the Rapid facelift might come equipped with MirrorLink application as seen on the Ameo.
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live