Facelifted Vento and Rapid to get Ameos 1.5-litre TDI motor
The facelifted versions of the Vento and Rapid have been in works for some time now. Test mules of the same have already been spotted on numerous occasions. While the changes that the new Vento and Rapid receive don't look substantial from outside, they will get the new 1.5-litre TDI motor that debuted in the recently launched compact sedan, the Ameo. We expect Skoda to launch the Rapid facelift by the end of this year while the Volkswagen Vento facelift hits showrooms in sometime early next year in India.
The 1.5-litre TDI motor in the Ameo makes 110PS of peak power and generates a maximum torque of 250Nm. Volkswagen offers an option between a 5-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG gearbox mated to this motor. The 1.5 TDI motor also proved to be quicker than the GT TDI as it does 0-100kmph sprint in 10.9s (automatic) and 10.8s (manual) against the 11.4s in the hatchback. We have already experienced both these choices. Read our detailed first drive report here. The petrol powertrain will be retained from the existing iteration.
Image source: autocolumn
The design changes that the 2017 Volkswagen Vento gets, as seen from the test mules, are an all LED headlight cluster with LED DRLS, redesigned bonnet, triple-slat radiator grille, tweaked bumpers with new fog lamps housing and blackened alloy wheels. The design revision that this C-segment sedan from Volkswagen is expected to get makes it resemble the more premium Passat. The update in the cabin design and features list is still not clear from the test mules.
Image source: MotorBeam
Coming to the Skoda Rapid facelift, the design looks crisper than before with the new grille - similar to that of the new-gen Octavia and the Superb. There are design changes on lights, bonnet, bumpers, fog lamp housing and alloy wheels. Inside, the Rapid facelift might come equipped with MirrorLink application as seen on the Ameo.
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh