Fast and Furious 8 first poster revealed by Vin Diesel
The Fast and Furious movie franchise will have an eight chapter. Vin Diesel, who plays the lead protagonist Dominic Toretto, revealed the first poster of Fast and Furious 8 on Facebook. The movie is scheduled to release on April 14, 2017. The movie poster shows Vin Diesel pose alongside his Dodge Charger with a tagline "New roads ahead".
The Fast and Furious 8 will continue to have an ensemble of cast which includes Michelle Rodriguez (Letty), Jordana Brewster (Mia), Tyrese Gibson (Roman), Ludacris (Tej), Kurt Russell (Mr.Nobody) and Jason Statham (Deckard Shaw). Dwayne Johnson will continue his role as a diplomatic security service agent Luke Hobbs. Joining the cast are two new members, Scott Eastwood and Charlize Theron. Scott will play a character who works under Mr.Nobody while Charlize is set to play one of the villains in the movie.
The plot for the new chapter has still not been revealed, however, there are new teaser posters which show Manhattan as a background. This gives a hint that the upcoming edition will based out of New York, where the F&F saga originated. The crew has also been spotted shooting in Iceland with a host of vehicles which include Lamborghinis, Imprezas, rally cars and even golf karts.
Vin Diesel also revealed that the new series will have two sequels scheduled to release on April 19, 2019 and April 2, 2021. The third release might be the end of the saga.
The highlight of the Fast and Furious series has always been the cars. We believe in the new chapter too, there will be plenty of them. The series hit a massive block with the unfortunate death of Paul Walker in November 2013. Following which, his role was retired in Fast and Furious 7. It needs to be seen whether Fast and Furious 8 raises the bar as Vin claims, this will be the best movie you have ever seen.
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block