2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT first look
The Thunderbird LT is essentially a more touring friendly version of the Thunderbird Storm that is currently available in India. The LT gets a healthy helping of chrome while white wall radial tyres running on spoke wheels add to the classic cruiser theme. In keeping with the touring theme, the LT gets a tall windscreen, two auxiliary lamps, and smart leather saddlebags as well as a backrest for the pillion. The saddlebags can hold upto 26 litres of luggage while the 22-litre fuel tank should make sure you can go a fair distance before needing to fill up.
In keeping with the touring theme, the LT gets a tall windscreen, two auxiliary lamps, and smart leather saddlebags as well as a backrest for the pillion
The LT's liquid-cooled 1699cc parallel twin from the Thunderbird Storm is actually the largest production parallel twin engine on any motorcycle today
The 349kg motorcycle runs the same liquid-cooled 1699cc parallel twin from the Thunderbird Storm. This is actually the largest production parallel twin engine on any motorcycle today. It produces 94PS and a massive 146Nm of torque at just 2,750rpm. The LT uses a six-speed gearbox and final drive is via a belt. A 180 section tyre at the rear helps put all that power down while the front gets a massive 150 section, just like on the Rocket III roadster.
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - MTDC flags-off its motorhome and campervan
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks