2017 Hyundai Xcent: After 8,449 km and seven months
I pull over safely to take a call and a person standing on the street looks at my Hyundai Xcent. He checks the registration number and then checks his phone. Then he comes closer and asks if I have any bookings. The person clearly mistook my long termer for a radio cab. That, I believe, is because of the popularity of the Hyundai Xcent in the taxi segment. And it is growing further.
When it came to choosing between the Hyundai Xcent and a hatch as a long termer, I chose the former. The reason is my frequent trips to my hometown, Nashik. My primary requirements are practicality, efficiency and comfort for my mother, as she too enjoys long drives. Speaking of efficiency, the Hyundai Xcent diesel has been delivering 23kmpl on highways and a steady 17kmpl in the city, which is impressive.
I asked my mother to share her views on the Xcent, as she is a regular on my Nashik jaunts. She found the Hyundai to be reasonably comfortable on long journeys, both in terms of seat comfort and ride quality. She also likes the numerous storage options in the cabin and the generous boot. All that space makes it convenient for her to send more food and other things with me. Mother's love after all!
The safety and the practicality of the Hyundai Xcent put an assured smile on my mother's face
So far, I have not experienced any issues with the Hyundai Xcent as it has been an obedient follower taking me to office and to Nashik without any fuss. I'm confident that that'll be a consistent experience for the following months too.
The generous 407-litre boot space makes the Xcent extremely practical to live with.
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP