2017 Hyundai Xcent: After 8,449 km and seven months
I pull over safely to take a call and a person standing on the street looks at my Hyundai Xcent. He checks the registration number and then checks his phone. Then he comes closer and asks if I have any bookings. The person clearly mistook my long termer for a radio cab. That, I believe, is because of the popularity of the Hyundai Xcent in the taxi segment. And it is growing further.
When it came to choosing between the Hyundai Xcent and a hatch as a long termer, I chose the former. The reason is my frequent trips to my hometown, Nashik. My primary requirements are practicality, efficiency and comfort for my mother, as she too enjoys long drives. Speaking of efficiency, the Hyundai Xcent diesel has been delivering 23kmpl on highways and a steady 17kmpl in the city, which is impressive.
I asked my mother to share her views on the Xcent, as she is a regular on my Nashik jaunts. She found the Hyundai to be reasonably comfortable on long journeys, both in terms of seat comfort and ride quality. She also likes the numerous storage options in the cabin and the generous boot. All that space makes it convenient for her to send more food and other things with me. Mother's love after all!
The safety and the practicality of the Hyundai Xcent put an assured smile on my mother's face
So far, I have not experienced any issues with the Hyundai Xcent as it has been an obedient follower taking me to office and to Nashik without any fuss. I'm confident that that'll be a consistent experience for the following months too.
The generous 407-litre boot space makes the Xcent extremely practical to live with.
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300