2017 Hyundai Xcent: After 8,449 km and seven months
I pull over safely to take a call and a person standing on the street looks at my Hyundai Xcent. He checks the registration number and then checks his phone. Then he comes closer and asks if I have any bookings. The person clearly mistook my long termer for a radio cab. That, I believe, is because of the popularity of the Hyundai Xcent in the taxi segment. And it is growing further.
When it came to choosing between the Hyundai Xcent and a hatch as a long termer, I chose the former. The reason is my frequent trips to my hometown, Nashik. My primary requirements are practicality, efficiency and comfort for my mother, as she too enjoys long drives. Speaking of efficiency, the Hyundai Xcent diesel has been delivering 23kmpl on highways and a steady 17kmpl in the city, which is impressive.
I asked my mother to share her views on the Xcent, as she is a regular on my Nashik jaunts. She found the Hyundai to be reasonably comfortable on long journeys, both in terms of seat comfort and ride quality. She also likes the numerous storage options in the cabin and the generous boot. All that space makes it convenient for her to send more food and other things with me. Mother's love after all!
The safety and the practicality of the Hyundai Xcent put an assured smile on my mother's face
So far, I have not experienced any issues with the Hyundai Xcent as it has been an obedient follower taking me to office and to Nashik without any fuss. I'm confident that that'll be a consistent experience for the following months too.
The generous 407-litre boot space makes the Xcent extremely practical to live with.
Team OD | 17 Jan 2018
- NewsHonda recalls 22,834 units of City, Accord, and Jazz built in 2013 to replace faulty airbags
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift has an award-winning design
- NewsNGT summons ARAI director to explain about test on Volkswagen
- NewsDakar 2018: Price claims Stage 11 win in motorcycle class, Ten Brinke stuns in car class
- NewsDakar 2018: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked 14th overall after Stage 11
- NewsDakar 2018: Hero MotoSports rider Oriol Mena ranked 10th overall after Stage 11
- News2018 Audi Q5 35 TDI launched at Rs 53.25 lakh
- NewsDakar 2018: Walkner leads motorcycle class, Sainz leads in cars after Stage 10
- NewsDakar 2018: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero ranked 17th overall after Stage 10
- NewsDakar 2018: Oriol Mena ends Stage 10 in fourth position