2017 Hyundai Xcent longterm review: After 13,350km and ten months
My assignments had kept me busy for many days, not giving me enough time to spend with the Xcent. My time with the car was confined to regular commutes from home to office and shopping on a few days.
Finally, there came a long weekend and I had no travelogues to complete. I packed everything that I could think of, plonked it into the Xcent's generous boot and headed to Nasik to surprise my family.
The next morning we drove down to Saputara, a hill station in Gujarat, three hours away from Nashik. While the route is scenic with smooth tarmac, there were a few bad sections that my mother was really worried about. I have been driving the Xcent for quite some time and had the confidence that it will glide over those surfaces. And thankfully that's what the suspension did. The other bit that thoroughly impressed me is the light steering, especially when you are driving through the narrow lanes of Saputara.
The Xcent is not for the enthusiasts, something that can be felt in the city but at the same time offers enough punch on highways that makes long drives a comfortable experience.
Acquired: May 2017 | Total mileage: 13,350km | Last report at: 10,960km | Fuel: 149 litres | Economy: 16kmpl
Last update: The design of the Hyundai Xcent has still not grown on me
Next update: How easy is the Xcent on the pocket? We will get a detailed account of cost of servicing
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018