2017 Hyundai Xcent longterm review: After 13,350km and ten months
My assignments had kept me busy for many days, not giving me enough time to spend with the Xcent. My time with the car was confined to regular commutes from home to office and shopping on a few days.
Finally, there came a long weekend and I had no travelogues to complete. I packed everything that I could think of, plonked it into the Xcent's generous boot and headed to Nasik to surprise my family.
The next morning we drove down to Saputara, a hill station in Gujarat, three hours away from Nashik. While the route is scenic with smooth tarmac, there were a few bad sections that my mother was really worried about. I have been driving the Xcent for quite some time and had the confidence that it will glide over those surfaces. And thankfully that's what the suspension did. The other bit that thoroughly impressed me is the light steering, especially when you are driving through the narrow lanes of Saputara.
The Xcent is not for the enthusiasts, something that can be felt in the city but at the same time offers enough punch on highways that makes long drives a comfortable experience.
Acquired: May 2017 | Total mileage: 13,350km | Last report at: 10,960km | Fuel: 149 litres | Economy: 16kmpl
Last update: The design of the Hyundai Xcent has still not grown on me
Next update: How easy is the Xcent on the pocket? We will get a detailed account of cost of servicing
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio