2017 Yamaha FZ 25 long term report: After 2,522km and five months
Our longterm FZ25 is among the lot of motorcycles that Yamaha India recalled to fix an issue with the engine head cover bolt. The preventive measure was taken after the company suspected that the bolt could come lose over a period of time. If that were to happen, the engine would lose compression and as a consequence, there'd be additional damage to the internals.
This should probably tell you why I had to leave the FZ25 parked in the office for about three weeks. Before that, I was happily commuting on the FZ25, to and from work. As a daily ride, the FZ is hassle free and after a long, tiring day, the Yamaha makes easy work of getting through Mumbai's mad traffic on the way home. There is, however, one niggle that seems to have cropped up. The ignition slot seems to have some sort of a loose connection. On many occasions, the ignition does not come on, when the key is turned to the ON position. Twisting the key a little solves this but it' slowly turning out to be a daily occurrence, these days.
The ignition does not come on sometimes, when the key is turned to the ON position
The seat is pretty comfortable
As I type this report, the good folks at Yamaha are sending a technician to pick up the FZ to fix the engine head bolt. I'm asking them to look into the ignition slot issue as well. More on this in the next report.
Acquired Sep: 2017 | Total mileage: 2,522km | Last report at: 2,035km | Fuel: 18.94 litres | Economy: 25.7 kmpl
Last update: The FZ25 joined the OD garage and its rideability in the city was appreciated
Next update: The FZ25 goes to the Yamaha service centre to fix the engine head bolt
Starts Rs 1,19,335
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix