2017 Yamaha FZ 25 long term report: After 2,522km and five months
Our longterm FZ25 is among the lot of motorcycles that Yamaha India recalled to fix an issue with the engine head cover bolt. The preventive measure was taken after the company suspected that the bolt could come lose over a period of time. If that were to happen, the engine would lose compression and as a consequence, there'd be additional damage to the internals.
This should probably tell you why I had to leave the FZ25 parked in the office for about three weeks. Before that, I was happily commuting on the FZ25, to and from work. As a daily ride, the FZ is hassle free and after a long, tiring day, the Yamaha makes easy work of getting through Mumbai's mad traffic on the way home. There is, however, one niggle that seems to have cropped up. The ignition slot seems to have some sort of a loose connection. On many occasions, the ignition does not come on, when the key is turned to the ON position. Twisting the key a little solves this but it' slowly turning out to be a daily occurrence, these days.
The ignition does not come on sometimes, when the key is turned to the ON position
The seat is pretty comfortable
As I type this report, the good folks at Yamaha are sending a technician to pick up the FZ to fix the engine head bolt. I'm asking them to look into the ignition slot issue as well. More on this in the next report.
Acquired Sep: 2017 | Total mileage: 2,522km | Last report at: 2,035km | Fuel: 18.94 litres | Economy: 25.7 kmpl
Last update: The FZ25 joined the OD garage and its rideability in the city was appreciated
Next update: The FZ25 goes to the Yamaha service centre to fix the engine head bolt
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh