2017 Yamaha FZ25 longterm review: Introduction
It's always an exciting time when a new long termer enters the OD garage. I have just now been given the keys to the new Yamaha FZ25. Having owned the Yamaha FZ16 since 2008, I was looking forward to riding the Yamaha FZ25. Call it curiosity, if you will, but I wanted to see what Yamaha India has done with the new FZ. It after all, it would be the ideal step up for me, right?
The test bike we got has exchanged multiple hands, so as one can expect there are few scuffs around the plastic heat shield in the exhaust as well as the plastic bodywork, behind the footpeg on both sides. I've taken off the rear tyre hugger and the sari guard to clean up the aesthetics of the motorcycle. The tail section looks cleaner now and I must have shaved at least a kilo or more off the overall weight.
The engine is butter smooth, however, I didn't really get a chance to push the motorcycle, thanks to Mumbai's clogged streets. What I have come to appreciate, so far, is the riding position. It is sporty, yet relaxed and perfect for commuting. The small headlamp and instrument cluster means visibility is great, which helps me cut through traffic with ease.
The instrument cluster is legible, even under bright sunlight
The only issue I've faced over the last month is the feel from the front brake. It requires a firm pull at the lever to get the motorcycle to shed speed quickly, and my immediate agenda is to find out a way to improve the front-end feel. Yamaha is renowned for their top quality products and my 9-year old FZ16 is proof of that. Needless to say, my expectations from the FZ25 are high. Right at the outset though, I do really wish that Yamaha has added ABS brakes as standard to the motorcycle. I think it would be nearly perfect if they did.
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India