2018 Apache RR 310 longterm review: Introduction
I have to admit, I was keen on keeping the TVS Apache RR 310 as my longtermer the moment I set my eyes on it. So, when Shumi told me go pick up the bike from the TVS dealership on a Saturday , I agreed without hesitation.
Standing under the sun, I was simply besotted by the way the Apache RR looks. The paint finish is so rich and premium that it could easily rival the coat on much more expensive motorcycles. Happy as I was, I quickly got into gear and began riding. To my surprise, I found the engine to be a lot more vibey than expected. There was a clear buzz in the handlebars, footpeg and around the tank,especially upwards of the 5,000rpm mark.
The heat deflectors do a fantastic job of channeling hot air downwards and away from the rider
While I was expecting this, since our bike is a pre-production unit, the vibes, especially in the handlebars left me with numb hands after an hour of high-speed riding. The good folks at TVS were quick to respond to my complaint. They replaced the clip-on handlebars with the spec that you get on the production model. The difference is additional damping material in the bars that does a good job of absorbing vibrations.
The rider's seat is quite spacious and comfortable for daily commutes
That aside, the Apache has been doing a good job of taking me to office and back home. Despite the supersport style riding position, the motorcycle is surprisingly comfortable on daily commutes. What's also impressive is the heat deflectors in the fairing that do a brilliant job of flushing away engine heat away from the rider, when riding in intense traffic.
I have a lot of plans for our Apache RR 310, which includes touring and track days as well weekend rides with my better half. All of this and more in the coming months.
The Apache RR 310 heads out for a short, weekend ride
Inducted in: January 2018
Inducted at: 820km
Total mileage: 2,280km
Fuel: 44.24 litres
Starts Rs 2,23,000
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live