2018 Apache RR 310 longterm review: Introduction
I have to admit, I was keen on keeping the TVS Apache RR 310 as my longtermer the moment I set my eyes on it. So, when Shumi told me go pick up the bike from the TVS dealership on a Saturday , I agreed without hesitation.
Standing under the sun, I was simply besotted by the way the Apache RR looks. The paint finish is so rich and premium that it could easily rival the coat on much more expensive motorcycles. Happy as I was, I quickly got into gear and began riding. To my surprise, I found the engine to be a lot more vibey than expected. There was a clear buzz in the handlebars, footpeg and around the tank,especially upwards of the 5,000rpm mark.
The heat deflectors do a fantastic job of channeling hot air downwards and away from the rider
While I was expecting this, since our bike is a pre-production unit, the vibes, especially in the handlebars left me with numb hands after an hour of high-speed riding. The good folks at TVS were quick to respond to my complaint. They replaced the clip-on handlebars with the spec that you get on the production model. The difference is additional damping material in the bars that does a good job of absorbing vibrations.
The rider's seat is quite spacious and comfortable for daily commutes
That aside, the Apache has been doing a good job of taking me to office and back home. Despite the supersport style riding position, the motorcycle is surprisingly comfortable on daily commutes. What's also impressive is the heat deflectors in the fairing that do a brilliant job of flushing away engine heat away from the rider, when riding in intense traffic.
I have a lot of plans for our Apache RR 310, which includes touring and track days as well weekend rides with my better half. All of this and more in the coming months.
The Apache RR 310 heads out for a short, weekend ride
Inducted in: January 2018
Inducted at: 820km
Total mileage: 2,280km
Fuel: 44.24 litres
Starts Rs 2,23,000
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers