2018 Honda City ZX longterm review: Introduction
For eons, the Honda City has been the favourite car at home. It has pretty much been the car Dad has wanted and has also been one of my personal favourites since the original VTEC, which is still quite the rage with tuners. And, the Honda City my long-term test car for the next three months! No, it isn't the VTEC but is the diesel ZX. Not that I'm complaining though it's been a month since now and highway efficiency has been above the 20kmpl mark consistently! That's courtesy the six-speed manual gearbox and the frugal engine, both. And at just a shade under 19kmpl overall efficiency is impressive too. Also, the driving position is sporty, allowing me to sit low with my legs stretched forward, while the wife is in love with the City's rear legroom and kneeroom.
The music system offers good audio quality but the City does not come equipped with Apple CarPlay which is a bit of a disappointment. I also wish touch sensitivity was better the 7-inch screen has a crisp resolution but there is a noticeable lag in its functions. Leather upholstered seats feel plush but the texture of the leather is too smooth which causes occupants or objects placed on the seats to slide forward whenever I brake hard.
Driving cockpit is spacious and airy. Seating position is low which feels sporty without compromising on comfort
Touch sensitivity for the touchscreen display could have been better, as there is a noticeable lag to responses
My favourite bit about the car though are its full LED headlights. They offer excellent illumination with a wide spread and long throw of bright white light and the ZX even gets an automatic headlamp function, eliminating the need to turn the lights on or off manually. With its kind of creature comforts, I'm now keen on seeing how the City feels in Mumbai's chock-a-block traffic.
Acquired: October 2018
Inducted at: 11,744km
Total mileage: 14,435km
Fuel: 143.1 litres
Next update: Testing the City in Mumbai city!
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000