2018 Tata Nexon XZ+ longterm review: Introduction
It's just about a month since the Tata Nexon joined our long term fleet, but the SUV already has done over 1,000km since. For a change, my weekend trips to Pune aren't to blame though, as the Nexon has been used as a support car for shoots several times. Both our in-house photographers like how spacious its boot is and I cannot disagree. In fact, I recently bought a 55-inch LED TV and flipping the 60:40 split rear seats down made for enough space to carry the TV with its full packaging and some luggage.
I've also taken a liking to the interiors as the plastics have a solid feel. Our Nexon had clocked over 11,500km before it came to us but there are no squeaking or funny sounds at all. The driving position is comfortable but it still feels more car-like and I would have liked a taller seating position.
The C-pillar blocks the view when reversing into tight spots
Also, the C-pillar looks appealing from outside but its thickness hinders your view from inside when reversing into tight parking spots. Our Nexon does have a reverse camera and parking sensors, but the resolution of the camera leaves something to be desired.
The Nexon gets Android Auto but not Apple CarPlay.
Further, the Nexon's infotainment system features Android Auto connectivity but not Apple CarPlay that's slightly disappointing for iPhone users like me. Bluetooth connectivity works well, but I do miss CarPlay's seamless connectivity. The 1.5-litre diesel engine is impressive on many fronts too, though that's something I'll save for my next report.
Inducted in:May 2018 | Inducted at:11,700km | Total mileage:13,120km | Fuel:85 litres | Economy:16.7kmpl
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil