2018 Tata Nexon XZ+ longterm review: Introduction
It's just about a month since the Tata Nexon joined our long term fleet, but the SUV already has done over 1,000km since. For a change, my weekend trips to Pune aren't to blame though, as the Nexon has been used as a support car for shoots several times. Both our in-house photographers like how spacious its boot is and I cannot disagree. In fact, I recently bought a 55-inch LED TV and flipping the 60:40 split rear seats down made for enough space to carry the TV with its full packaging and some luggage.
I've also taken a liking to the interiors as the plastics have a solid feel. Our Nexon had clocked over 11,500km before it came to us but there are no squeaking or funny sounds at all. The driving position is comfortable but it still feels more car-like and I would have liked a taller seating position.
The C-pillar blocks the view when reversing into tight spots
Also, the C-pillar looks appealing from outside but its thickness hinders your view from inside when reversing into tight parking spots. Our Nexon does have a reverse camera and parking sensors, but the resolution of the camera leaves something to be desired.
The Nexon gets Android Auto but not Apple CarPlay.
Further, the Nexon's infotainment system features Android Auto connectivity but not Apple CarPlay that's slightly disappointing for iPhone users like me. Bluetooth connectivity works well, but I do miss CarPlay's seamless connectivity. The 1.5-litre diesel engine is impressive on many fronts too, though that's something I'll save for my next report.
Inducted in:May 2018 | Inducted at:11,700km | Total mileage:13,120km | Fuel:85 litres | Economy:16.7kmpl
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS rolls out customer-centric EMI scheme
- News2020 Kia Picanto revealed, to be launched in Europe in Q3 2020
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!