2018 TVS Apache RR310 long-term review: After 4,584km and seven months
The rainy season in Mumbai has come to an end and I'm happy to report that the Apache RR310 has survived the mayhem that the monsoon brings to the city. Despite my travel schedules, I've managed to put in a fair amount of kilometers in the rain and besides a couple of niggles, the Apache is running well. On one particularly rainy day, I rode the bike in the pouring rain and that had no effect on the operation of the switchgear or the instrument console. I've only noticed the headlamp fog up, but besides that, the RR310 is running well.
There have been a couple of instances when I went over a few potholes, well, craters actually, and the Apache has taken everything in its stride. There are no busted fork seals, rims or loose plastic panels. I guess that's testament of the solid build quality of the bike.
The headlamp fogs up after a ride in the pouring rain
The instrument cluster, however, remains unaffected
The test Apollo Alpha H1 tyres are superb in the wet, and that gave me the confidence to push hard on some fast-paced weekend rides. But I've enough of these short weekend rides. I'm really curious to see how well the Apache performs as a touring machine. A ride down to the MMRT, perhaps, should turn out to be a good assessment of a bike. A motorcycle that you can ride to a racetrack and once there, set some quick lap times. Now, who wouldn't want that? Time to apply for leaves.
The RR310 gets a new set of tyres
A long overdue riding holiday
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh