2018 TVS Ntorq125 longterm report: Introduction
The TVS Ntorq 125 is the best 125cc scooter on the market right now. Wait. It's the best scooter on the market right now - it beat the Suzuki Access 125, our pick so far last month. And now, having seen off all comers, the TVS takes pride of place in our long term test garage. So naturally, I snagged it.
The Ntorq's matte paint, increasingly, seems harder to maintain than regular gloss paints and given a choice, we would have taken the blue metallic one that just came out
Although, truth be told, it won't last with me. First, the boys are already angling for the keys. And second, I'm hilariously fast on scooters in urban traffic. And that's a medium-term problem where eventually I'll have a scare and have to go back to motorcycles which I seem to ride in a more, erm, circumspect fashion.
External fuel filler cap is always a great idea
But so far, the service light is on and the scooter's auto choke takes a moment longer than I like to wake the Ntorq up in the morning. That aside, this is a glorious little scooter. It takes on bad roads with a confidence I've never seen on a scooter before and it isn't slow off the blocks either.
Makes me wish, every single time, that TVS had made a 250 instead of the 125. On the other hand, never has the opportunity to put a quick throttle on a scooter ever looked more promising. So as soon as the wee TVS returns to me from first service, I'm having a closer look at the throttle cam, heh heh.
Inducted in : Apr 2018 | Inducted at: 180km | Total mileage: 668km | Fuel: 11 litres | Economy: 46kmpl
Next update: The Ntorq returns from its first service and proceeds to pound Mumbai's roads
Starts Rs 55,045
Starts Rs 58,750
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh