2018 TVS Ntorq125 longterm report: Introduction
The TVS Ntorq 125 is the best 125cc scooter on the market right now. Wait. It's the best scooter on the market right now - it beat the Suzuki Access 125, our pick so far last month. And now, having seen off all comers, the TVS takes pride of place in our long term test garage. So naturally, I snagged it.
The Ntorq's matte paint, increasingly, seems harder to maintain than regular gloss paints and given a choice, we would have taken the blue metallic one that just came out
Although, truth be told, it won't last with me. First, the boys are already angling for the keys. And second, I'm hilariously fast on scooters in urban traffic. And that's a medium-term problem where eventually I'll have a scare and have to go back to motorcycles which I seem to ride in a more, erm, circumspect fashion.
External fuel filler cap is always a great idea
But so far, the service light is on and the scooter's auto choke takes a moment longer than I like to wake the Ntorq up in the morning. That aside, this is a glorious little scooter. It takes on bad roads with a confidence I've never seen on a scooter before and it isn't slow off the blocks either.
Makes me wish, every single time, that TVS had made a 250 instead of the 125. On the other hand, never has the opportunity to put a quick throttle on a scooter ever looked more promising. So as soon as the wee TVS returns to me from first service, I'm having a closer look at the throttle cam, heh heh.
Inducted in : Apr 2018 | Inducted at: 180km | Total mileage: 668km | Fuel: 11 litres | Economy: 46kmpl
Next update: The Ntorq returns from its first service and proceeds to pound Mumbai's roads
Starts Rs 55,045
Starts Rs 58,750
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign