Advertorial: Small parts lead to big savings with a Ford
An area where most car manufacturers don't pay attention to is sub assembly parts. And that is where Ford comes in.
The American car manufacturer is the only brand in the country to have worked extensively on sub assembly parts design. This was in addition to Ford focussing on higher localisation of parts, around 80-85 per cent in case of the EcoSport. Both these efforts were taken to bring the cost of ownership down and offer higher benefits to its customers.
Ford Service Price Promise
Unlike other car manufacturers, Ford integrated the sub assembly part concept in the design itself. As a result, one can avail the individual components such as fuel filter assembly, piston short block, starter motor, alternator and even the doors as independent parts from any of the authorised Ford spares and service outlets.
Prior to this all of the above components were only sold as complete assembly units making them more expensive to replace. However, presently, if any of these components are found to be not in the right state, you just need to replace that particular component and not the entire assembly. Even small components like piston, rings, pins and connecting rod can be obtained as an individual item from Ford's authorised centres.
The sub assembly parts and the higher localisation has clearly worked for Ford in India. Not only has it brought down the cost of ownership considerably but has also helped the brand price their products more aggressively in the automobile market in India.
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India