Best riding roads: Enjoying the loops in Split, Croatia
This is the second loop on the Harley-Davidson Ride Ride Slide event that we used to ride the Sporster. Unlike the other road which we rode the bigger Touring models, this is what we used to ride the new Iron 1200 and the Forty-Eight Special. 175km punctuated by coffee, lunch and photography stops was the plan.
This loop has some very memorable flowing sections where long curves blend into each other and the feeling of riding them is, to put it mildly, amazing. Around Drnis, there is a section where you climb down into a very wide valley on a flowing road with only a few hairpins but many turns. I cannot tell you how hard it was to keep looking where we were going.
Similarly, the last section around Trogir where you descend into Split is another extremely scenic stretch where the demands of riding some fast corners and the needs to see the amazing views are in direct competition with each other.
Croatia's main highways are excellent and the B-roads are in very good shape for the most part. We are told that the road deteriorate as you go further into the interior. Croatia's other charm is that they still use their local currency, the Kuna. The Kuna is a cheap conversion - Rs 11 to 1 KN and more importantly, while you can enter with a European Schengen visa, the country is generally not expensive like Europe. And of course, if you follow Game Of Thrones, this loop is 200km roughly from Dubrovnik, aka King's Landing.
Here's a video of our ride that will give a better idea of the location and the route
More images from the ride below
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign