Best riding roads: Enjoying the loops in Split, Croatia
This is the second loop on the Harley-Davidson Ride Ride Slide event that we used to ride the Sporster. Unlike the other road which we rode the bigger Touring models, this is what we used to ride the new Iron 1200 and the Forty-Eight Special. 175km punctuated by coffee, lunch and photography stops was the plan.
This loop has some very memorable flowing sections where long curves blend into each other and the feeling of riding them is, to put it mildly, amazing. Around Drnis, there is a section where you climb down into a very wide valley on a flowing road with only a few hairpins but many turns. I cannot tell you how hard it was to keep looking where we were going.
Similarly, the last section around Trogir where you descend into Split is another extremely scenic stretch where the demands of riding some fast corners and the needs to see the amazing views are in direct competition with each other.
Croatia's main highways are excellent and the B-roads are in very good shape for the most part. We are told that the road deteriorate as you go further into the interior. Croatia's other charm is that they still use their local currency, the Kuna. The Kuna is a cheap conversion - Rs 11 to 1 KN and more importantly, while you can enter with a European Schengen visa, the country is generally not expensive like Europe. And of course, if you follow Game Of Thrones, this loop is 200km roughly from Dubrovnik, aka King's Landing.
Here's a video of our ride that will give a better idea of the location and the route
More images from the ride below
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise