Best riding roads: Enjoying the loops in Split, Croatia
This is the second loop on the Harley-Davidson Ride Ride Slide event that we used to ride the Sporster. Unlike the other road which we rode the bigger Touring models, this is what we used to ride the new Iron 1200 and the Forty-Eight Special. 175km punctuated by coffee, lunch and photography stops was the plan.
This loop has some very memorable flowing sections where long curves blend into each other and the feeling of riding them is, to put it mildly, amazing. Around Drnis, there is a section where you climb down into a very wide valley on a flowing road with only a few hairpins but many turns. I cannot tell you how hard it was to keep looking where we were going.
Similarly, the last section around Trogir where you descend into Split is another extremely scenic stretch where the demands of riding some fast corners and the needs to see the amazing views are in direct competition with each other.
Croatia's main highways are excellent and the B-roads are in very good shape for the most part. We are told that the road deteriorate as you go further into the interior. Croatia's other charm is that they still use their local currency, the Kuna. The Kuna is a cheap conversion - Rs 11 to 1 KN and more importantly, while you can enter with a European Schengen visa, the country is generally not expensive like Europe. And of course, if you follow Game Of Thrones, this loop is 200km roughly from Dubrovnik, aka King's Landing.
Here's a video of our ride that will give a better idea of the location and the route
More images from the ride below
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...