Best riding roads: The Tamhini trail
India is infamous for its shabby roads, but at the same time there are many fantastic driving roads spread through the length and width of our beautiful country. OVERDRIVE has been fortunate enough to experience quite a few of these roads, and we want to share the joy with a weekly feature of a fantastic road that you should aspire to experience someday.
Unarguably, Western Ghats offers one of the best routes to ride on. As endemic the flora and fauna of this region is, so are the mighty Sahyadris running along the complete western coast of India. Well, one such place that will treat your eyes with its scenery is, even in the summers, Tamhini. Located about 50 odd kms from Pune, the dense forests of Tamhini hosts some beautiful tarmac passing right through its heart. But this time, I decided to venture onto some new trails through the forests of Tamhini and that too on the equally beautiful Honda Africa Twin. This trail originated from Tamhini village and takes you to Lavasa through the mountain ranges . A challenging yet an scenic trail. 25 kms of pure off-road fun. The trail is broad enough to handle SUVs and that's what makes it more interesting in monsoons !
It's advisable to stock up your food and water supplies before Tamhini village as you won't find anything once you hit the trail. As the rain Gods are about to bless us soon, it's time that you start marking your map with such trails !
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh