Better riding: How to ride faster and safer in 2016
Here are four things that should be on your to-do list for 2016. Stick to these and you will be a far, far better rider by the end of the year.
Go to school
Unlike breathing or eating, riding motorcycles does not come naturally to motorcycle riders with very few exceptions. A school like the TWO that we run with IndiMotard will clear up ideas about riding in your head and give you time and space at the racetrack to pick up and polish new skills that make you a better, smoother and faster rider at the racetrack. You'll need a weekend and about `30,000 all-told (tuition, stay, food and travel) approximately.
Upgrade your gear
Unlike motorcycles, you only get one body per lifetime. Good protective gear mitigates injury in a crash and usually reduces the risk of injury. But the less obvious benefit of good gear is that it makes you comfortable on the motorcycle which leads to better riding and usually fewer close calls because you're more likely to paying attention to where you are going. And of course, good gear looks great which is always welcome, right? Look for discounts on US websites to be able to get more for your money.
There is no way around it. People who ride more ride better. Motorcycles are amazing and life changing and so it's a little hard for me to imagine how anyone can stay off them. But if you're a weekend warrior, maybe it's time you resolved to ride more. A good ride burns calories, is good for your heart, is linked to longevity and lower stress and makes you feel younger. Some of these facts are made up, of course, but they feel true.
Yes, ride to work. Most of the news you've read has it wrong. Motorcycles in India have to meet some of the strictest emissions norms and riding a bike alone is far more environment-friendly than driving or being driven. Riding daily improves concentration, cuts fuel bills, reduces commute times and at the macro scale, reduces congestion and pollution. Do the right thing.
Use the new year as a time to look back and catalogue what we have learnt and what we intend to accomplish next year
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000