Crashed: Forma Adventure Boots product review
The Forma Boots are one of the cheaper adventure touring style boots money can buy. In fact, Bert and I both wear a pair. My primary criticism has been the soft sole that I would prefer was harder. Sweat-foot Bert's complaint has been that the boot is just too hot to wear in the Mumbai summer. And now, after putting my pair through literally tens of thousands of kilometres of riding, I've managed to test their crash protection as well.
Honestly, on the day of the crash, if I had my race boots - the TCX RS2-Evos - on, I might have suffered even less damage. However, to the Forma's credit, they've done rather well.
They kept all the little bones in my feet from being damaged in any way. The heavy scrapes on the toe and on the little nubbin that raised on the outer instep also offered some protection. A tear on the pants and the broken lowest buckle suggests there was an impact across the top of the ankle joint as well, which also failed to penetrate the defences. The upper part of the boot was under the Dainese pant leg and it's come through entirely unscathed.
And I can promise you that the boot is still waterproof and fully useable. I might order a spare buckle and we'll be nearly as good as new! That to me, is solid value when it comes to a good all-round motorcycle boot. It looks good, is comfy, is waterproof and it works as intended in a crash as well!
Forma Adventure Boots
Rs 16,000 performanceracing.in
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar
- NewsSuzuki GSX-R1000R price reduced by Rs 2.2 lakh after tax cut
- NewsHyundai Tucson Sport with 2.4 litre petrol motor launched in USA