Crashed: Forma Adventure Boots product review
The Forma Boots are one of the cheaper adventure touring style boots money can buy. In fact, Bert and I both wear a pair. My primary criticism has been the soft sole that I would prefer was harder. Sweat-foot Bert's complaint has been that the boot is just too hot to wear in the Mumbai summer. And now, after putting my pair through literally tens of thousands of kilometres of riding, I've managed to test their crash protection as well.
Honestly, on the day of the crash, if I had my race boots - the TCX RS2-Evos - on, I might have suffered even less damage. However, to the Forma's credit, they've done rather well.
They kept all the little bones in my feet from being damaged in any way. The heavy scrapes on the toe and on the little nubbin that raised on the outer instep also offered some protection. A tear on the pants and the broken lowest buckle suggests there was an impact across the top of the ankle joint as well, which also failed to penetrate the defences. The upper part of the boot was under the Dainese pant leg and it's come through entirely unscathed.
And I can promise you that the boot is still waterproof and fully useable. I might order a spare buckle and we'll be nearly as good as new! That to me, is solid value when it comes to a good all-round motorcycle boot. It looks good, is comfy, is waterproof and it works as intended in a crash as well!Forma Adventure Boots/p> Rs 16,000 performanceracing.in/p> /p> Also read Crashed: Dainese D-Explorer Gore-Tex Pants product review/p>
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively