Gear and gadgets: ARB Fridge-Freezer
The 35-litre ARB Fridge-Freezer is powerful enough to maintain sub-zero temperatures even in hot environments upto 32°C. Larger sizes are available too.
The fridge-freezer comes with a built-in 12V facility for DC operation through your vehicle battery, and a 120V facility so it can double up as a spare refrigerator when you're not outdoors. Corresponding power cords are included in the package.
Tree-hugger brownie points for this product can be attributed to its 100 per cent CFC-free operation, low power consumption indicated by the low amp draw (0.87A per hour from a 12V battery source, as claimed by ARB) and compatibility with a solar panel and generator.
The lid is fully removeable and so is the basket, which should make the fridge-freezer easier to clean and maintain.
Watch out for a full detailed review on this when we head out for our next road trip, stocked up with all kinds of nosh.
Price: Starting Rs 87,000
Available at: everything4wd.in.
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19 - Camper trailer tourism
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: Honda e
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subsidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far