Hyundai Elite i20 long term review: After 27,575km and one year
When a car becomes an integral part of your daily life, it is a necessity, not a luxury! It doesn't matter whether the registration number is odd or even, you need it! Be it for the innumerable shoots, location hunts or my many trips to Pune, the Elite i20 became part of my daily life, a real companion.
27,575km! That was the odometer reading when I reluctantly dropped the car to the dealership. It already had a few thousand kilometres on the clocks when I first got the keys to this wonderful car 11 months earlier, but given the amount of travel in my life that is a lot of running for less than a year. Two trips home to Kerala and back were the longest ones. A third one was almost planned before I realise that my favourite companion was scheduled to go back
In the last 11 months, I have faced almost no issues except when a fuel pump attendant accidentally filled the car with diesel, a mistake Hyundai very efficiently rectified. I will miss the excellent ride quality and handling as well as the comfortable seats. Though it is a hatchback, I had no problem regarding space. It has excellent shoulder room and is spacious enough for three people at the back without compromising boot space. For me, boot space is especially important, not just to carry luggage but also me during shoots!
On the flip side, I think it needs a bit more power, especially when overtaking on the highway. And towards the end of its tenure, the keyless entry button on the driver's door handle stopped working. But there are no two ways about it, the Elite i20 is a features fest keyless entry, push button start, reverse camera, USB, rear AC vents and more. It is a lot of value for the money, of that I am convinced. And also a bit depressed.
Total mileage 27,575km Date acquired Jan'15
This month: Mileage 7,003km Fuel 464 litres Efficiency 15.1kmpl
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907