Hyundai Xcent SX CRDi (O) long term review: After 5,450km and four months
Peace of mind. That's what I feel every time I've dared to drive the Hyundai Xcent in the torrential rains that have wreaked havoc all over Mumbai. The roads, as is the case annually, are in a state of disrepair but the Xcent seems to be unfazed. Hyundai has done a pretty good job of tuning the suspension, and I'm quite happy with the ride quality of the car.
The automatic climate control also works very well, keeping me comfortable at all times. The system adjusts the fan speed and temperature perfectly, and I've never had to use the manual controls to set the AC.
Torrential rains in Mumbai have had no effect on our Hyundai Xcent
The rains also affect the flow of traffic in Mumbai, and usually, traffic movement is thrown out of gear due to waterlogging. In times like these, where traffic snarls result in me spending over two hours to cover 20km, I've begun to appreciate the cabin of the Xcent. There is a multitude of cubby holes and thoughtful storage spaces, like the cupholders or the slot to store my wallet. Music is an integral part of my commute in a car, and the Xcent's system is a pretty good one.
The headrests on the Hyundai Xcent are fixed. I would have liked them to be adjustable.
The seats are comfortable too, and long hours behind the wheel don't result in annoying buttaches. That said, I have a gripe with the headrests on the front seats. They are fixed, which means it is only tall enough to reach the base of my head. I would have liked adjustable headrests, especially since only two rear passengers get one.
Besides this niggle, I'm quite happy with the way the Xcent has fared so far. It is quite frugal too and I usually cover over 500km between tank fill ups. I feel relaxed while driving it, aware of the fact that the Xcent will be up to the task of ferrying me in comfort.
Hyundai Xcent SX CRDi (O)
Date acquired: May 2017
Total mileage: 5,450km
Last report at: 2,800km
Fuel: 174 litres
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip