KTM RC390 long term review: After 13,123km and 15 months
It's been one of the most memorable motorcycling years for me thanks to Sonic. She recently turned one and it's time for her to leave the OD garage. Since the last longterm report to now, Sonic has undergone some changes and has even had a few niggles. Swapping the Metzeler tyres with the MRFs from the RC 200 was a bad idea. The tyres couldn't handle the RC 390's power and reduced top speed performance wasn't what I wanted. Sonic deserved better tyres and since there's nothing out there better than the stock Metzeler ones, I decided to buy a new set and received a dealer discount too as a few friends who own the KTM 390 Duke and RC 390 decided to buy them in bulk.
The motor continues to be a lot vibier than the Duke 390 but that's something I'll have to live with. The rear blinker continues to fog up while the front visor is prone to scratches very easily. It's the second visor and I've decided to get it wrapped very soon. While the rider's seat is hard and uncomfortable (I haven't yet added extra foam to it), the pillions find the rear seat comfortable especially on short rides in town, the only downside is that it is quite slippery.
All the motorcycles I've owned have been finished in electric blue so Sonic had to get the same treatment. It looks a lot better to me than the standard white and grey. The KTM orange wheels and frame contrast better too. Addition of a few decals is the only thing pending in terms of cosmetics. I haven't gone touring or taken Sonic to the track lately but it's a lot of fun riding around Mumbai in the night around. It's been a fun year with Sonic in the OD garage but unlike the others, this is one I don't have to say goodbye to.
Total mileage: 13,123km, date acquired: Nov'14, This Month Mileage: 2,203km, fuel: 95.8 litres, efficiency: 23kmpl
Starts Rs 2,35,931
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019