KTM RC390 long term review: After 13,123km and 15 months
It's been one of the most memorable motorcycling years for me thanks to Sonic. She recently turned one and it's time for her to leave the OD garage. Since the last longterm report to now, Sonic has undergone some changes and has even had a few niggles. Swapping the Metzeler tyres with the MRFs from the RC 200 was a bad idea. The tyres couldn't handle the RC 390's power and reduced top speed performance wasn't what I wanted. Sonic deserved better tyres and since there's nothing out there better than the stock Metzeler ones, I decided to buy a new set and received a dealer discount too as a few friends who own the KTM 390 Duke and RC 390 decided to buy them in bulk.
The motor continues to be a lot vibier than the Duke 390 but that's something I'll have to live with. The rear blinker continues to fog up while the front visor is prone to scratches very easily. It's the second visor and I've decided to get it wrapped very soon. While the rider's seat is hard and uncomfortable (I haven't yet added extra foam to it), the pillions find the rear seat comfortable especially on short rides in town, the only downside is that it is quite slippery.
All the motorcycles I've owned have been finished in electric blue so Sonic had to get the same treatment. It looks a lot better to me than the standard white and grey. The KTM orange wheels and frame contrast better too. Addition of a few decals is the only thing pending in terms of cosmetics. I haven't gone touring or taken Sonic to the track lately but it's a lot of fun riding around Mumbai in the night around. It's been a fun year with Sonic in the OD garage but unlike the others, this is one I don't have to say goodbye to.
Total mileage: 13,123km, date acquired: Nov'14, This Month Mileage: 2,203km, fuel: 95.8 litres, efficiency: 23kmpl
Starts Rs 2,35,931
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India