Mercedes-Benz C-Class petrol long term review: After 4 months and 9,328km
The last few months of driving have been comfortable and relaxing thanks to the C 200. The car has clocked almost 10,000km since the car arrived and it's been a smooth experience so far. I drive to Goa and back often but in the C, the drive was covered effortlessly. My friends came along this time and liked the car for its lounge like interior ambient lights and cabin space. However, the boot just about managed to accommodate four travel bags, the space saver tyre being the culprit. The ride over broken surfaces and potholes isn't as good as its predecessor but it makes up by offering involving and predictable handling. The car's footprint is another plus point, it's sized perfectly for presence and is quite easy to negotiate through narrow lanes and traffic.
The C got back a few days back from its second scheduled service. The brake pads had to be replaced after lasting close to 16,000km. The pads lost bite earlier than expected but then this car has been driven by various users for tests and that could be the reason for early wear. Despite driving through undulating and potholed filled roads almost everyday, the interior parts haven't begun to rattle. To keep the metallic blue shade in its shiniest state, the C has been getting pampered at the 3M car care store on Palm Beach Road in Mumbai. This impressive Mercedes, however, isn't going to stay with us for long. Hope to drive a lot more this month.
Total mileage 20,128km Date acquired Mar'15
Mileage 9,328km Fuel 840 litres Efficiency 11.1kmpl
For more long term reviews from OVERDRIVE, click here
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C200:
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?