OD Garage: 2013 TVS Jupiter intro
It's an extremely likable scooter. It's easy on the eye, it's refined and it is decently well finished too. But, it's the way the Jupiter rides that's most endearing. It has one of the best cycle parts for a scooter in the business currently the telescopic front forks, the gas charged rear dampers and the 12-inch wheels, all lend the scooter a ride and handling balance that's class-leading.
It soaks up bumps without shock or vibration; it doesn't waver even when ridden flat out; and even with a pillion, this ride and handling balance doesn't deteriorate. We like the seating position, the roomy seat, and the ease with which it comes up on the centre-stand.
The engine though not the most refined, or the most powerful for that matter, still manages the city run quite well. The throttle is light and responsive, the scooter has respectable go even at part throttle, which ensures the economy light stays on for better fuel economy, and there's hardly any judder at start up or starvation with the throttle wrung open to the stop. The Jupiter is also great to filter through traffic ? it feels light and well-balanced ? which further adds to its city friendliness. What the Jupiter could do with though are better luggage carrying retractable hooks; both the one under the seat and the one on the steering column feel flimsy to the touch and aren't the easiest to use. In the coming months, we will find out how the newest TVS fares in terms of fuel economy and build quality.
Starts Rs 56,056
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India