OD Garage: 2013 TVS Jupiter intro
It's an extremely likable scooter. It's easy on the eye, it's refined and it is decently well finished too. But, it's the way the Jupiter rides that's most endearing. It has one of the best cycle parts for a scooter in the business currently the telescopic front forks, the gas charged rear dampers and the 12-inch wheels, all lend the scooter a ride and handling balance that's class-leading.
It soaks up bumps without shock or vibration; it doesn't waver even when ridden flat out; and even with a pillion, this ride and handling balance doesn't deteriorate. We like the seating position, the roomy seat, and the ease with which it comes up on the centre-stand.
The engine though not the most refined, or the most powerful for that matter, still manages the city run quite well. The throttle is light and responsive, the scooter has respectable go even at part throttle, which ensures the economy light stays on for better fuel economy, and there's hardly any judder at start up or starvation with the throttle wrung open to the stop. The Jupiter is also great to filter through traffic ? it feels light and well-balanced ? which further adds to its city friendliness. What the Jupiter could do with though are better luggage carrying retractable hooks; both the one under the seat and the one on the steering column feel flimsy to the touch and aren't the easiest to use. In the coming months, we will find out how the newest TVS fares in terms of fuel economy and build quality.
Starts Rs 49,966
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?