OD garage: Datsun Go introduction
The Datsun GO joins the OD fleet of long termers and I must say, it's a really fun car to go around in. Excuse the terrible pun but the GO is a properly peppy little car. The three cylinder engine is rev happy and makes the car very easy to manoeuvre through traffic in this crowded city. In fact the GO has surprisingly sharp throttle response, especially in first and second gear, which takes a while to get used to. The car has returned a fair 13.5kmpl in its first month of almost exclusively city driving.
The GO is perfectly sized for an entry level car and offers good amount of room with good levels of fit and finish. The only odd thing about this car is the umbrella style hand brake that's mounted on the centre console which is similar to cars like the Tavera or Qualis. Its position is going to be a bit of a problem for tall drivers who will find their left knee constantly nudging it which can get a bit annoying on long drives. Again, for the price it comes at, the GO has a good suspension set up that only complains with a series of thuds and bangs if you drive through a stretch of bad roads.
The front seats of the GO take you back down memory lane when one could only find sofa seats in cars like the Ambassador, nothing to complain about but, it does offer you a lot of space in the front. I find it unusual that Datsun did this because the car still only carries two passengers up front with no seat belt for a third. As a camera person I appreciate the large boot that can really hold in a lot of luggage, like camera bags and riding gear with still some room to spare!
Total Mileage 2,976km Date acquired Jun '14
More on Datsun GO
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000