OD Garage: Hyundai Grand i10 diesel after 18,300km and 6 months
Onnu... randu... moonu... nalu... anchu... aaru... ezhu... ettu... ompatu... pathu... You must be wondering what the heck is this? I was just counting the features in our Hyundai Grand i10 in Malayalam. Providing so many features is one of the major selling points of the car and owners love it. Hyundai loaded their Grand i10 heavily to satisfy the Indian customers' desire for a great deal. And after a good few months with this car I am one such happy customer (until Hyundai calls for the car back!).
The push button start, electric ORVMs, steering mounted controls, gear shift indicator are the ones I personally love. If you follow the shift recommendations from the gearshift indicator, you gradually learn the right shifting pattern. The gear indicators are tuned to achieve optimum mileage but it works perfectly because there is always enough torque on offer for city crawls. My 35km each way commute involves running bumper to bumper for a long period. I follow the gear indication and it gives me an incredible city mileage of 19kmpl. But then again when you feel like it the Grand has more than enough poke to filter through traffic at a higher pace. My trips to Pune on the expressway during weekends are fast but cost me very little. I am a happy 'customer' indeed.
Read the first report of the Hyundai Grand i10 here
Team OD | 17 Jan 2018
- NewsDakar 2018: Walkner and Sainz maintain overall lead after Stage 13
- NewsDakar 2018: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked 11th overall after Stage 13
- NewsDakar 2018: Hero MotoSports rider Oriol Mena ranked eighth overall after Stage 13
- NewsHonda recalls 22,834 units of City, Accord, and Jazz built in 2013 to replace faulty airbags
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift has an award-winning design
- NewsNGT summons ARAI director to explain about test on Volkswagen
- NewsDakar 2018: Price claims Stage 11 win in motorcycle class, Ten Brinke stuns in car class
- NewsDakar 2018: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked 14th overall after Stage 11
- NewsDakar 2018: Hero MotoSports rider Oriol Mena ranked 10th overall after Stage 11
- News2018 Audi Q5 35 TDI launched at Rs 53.25 lakh