OD Garage: The Honda Activa i leaves us after 2698km and 7 months
The Activa i ends a long series of scooters for me I've finally moved up to a more powerful machine of my own. Prior to the excitement of my new ride I was a big fan of the practicality and ease of commuting on a scooter. I am strongly averse to traffic which is why I've consistently grabbed the keys to the past five scooters in our longterm garage.
The Activa i offers all the qualities most prospective buyers look for in a scooter
The Activa i offers all the qualities I (and most prospective buyers) look for in a scooter. It's light and flickable which helps immensely in traffic snarls. The 110cc makes 8PS which is just about average in the scooter world, however the i is peppy off the line and helps make for decently quick traffic light getaways. It helps that I never saw the mileage figure drop below 40kmpl despite speeds always being above 40kmph. I'm also sold on the convenience and safety of the combi braking system.
Dislikes include a poorly designed headlamp switch that takes some effort to turn on and a choke pull that refused to stay in the on position. The big issue was the ride quality on the Activa i it's too stiff. This scooter lacks the compliance of its elder sibling, the metal bodied Activa and crashes through potholes in a rather uncomfortable manner. This holds the Activa i back from being an excellent scooter. However, its many positives ensure that it remains a rather good one.
Read previous report of the Activa i here
Starts Rs 50,273
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut