OD Garage: The Honda Activa i leaves us after 2698km and 7 months
The Activa i ends a long series of scooters for me I've finally moved up to a more powerful machine of my own. Prior to the excitement of my new ride I was a big fan of the practicality and ease of commuting on a scooter. I am strongly averse to traffic which is why I've consistently grabbed the keys to the past five scooters in our longterm garage.
The Activa i offers all the qualities most prospective buyers look for in a scooter
The Activa i offers all the qualities I (and most prospective buyers) look for in a scooter. It's light and flickable which helps immensely in traffic snarls. The 110cc makes 8PS which is just about average in the scooter world, however the i is peppy off the line and helps make for decently quick traffic light getaways. It helps that I never saw the mileage figure drop below 40kmpl despite speeds always being above 40kmph. I'm also sold on the convenience and safety of the combi braking system.
Dislikes include a poorly designed headlamp switch that takes some effort to turn on and a choke pull that refused to stay in the on position. The big issue was the ride quality on the Activa i it's too stiff. This scooter lacks the compliance of its elder sibling, the metal bodied Activa and crashes through potholes in a rather uncomfortable manner. This holds the Activa i back from being an excellent scooter. However, its many positives ensure that it remains a rather good one.
Read previous report of the Activa i here
Starts Rs 46,986
Starts Rs 51,324
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar