OD SUV Slugfest: Audi Q7
This is one of the most aspired for SUVs in India and a symbol of having arrived.
Styling and street presence
A great example of modern day SUV design. It's sleek and smart, but not daunting enough for some. Finely sculpted body, however dimensionally it appears too long.
Seating and visibility
Easy to enter and exit and front quarter glass increases cornering vision. Very good wiper sweep.
Has the famed quattro all-wheel drive and best-in-class 235mm of ground clearance, which is exceptional. The adaptive air suspension has ride adjust and rises in the off-road/lift mode.
Effective headlight washers and a useful 360 degree camera with selectable views. Also underbody protection. With third row seats up, boot space is limited and deflated spare wheel further reduces room available. Inflating it is a pain.
Touring ability and performance
Powerful engine and range of about 750km. Great high speed stability and long legs for extended road trips.
Feels massive on the stage and suspension is also too soft. There is a bit of body roll and a sense of floating, but braking is assured and steering accurately points it in the right direction.
Price: Rs 1.05 crore (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 3.0D/248PS/600Nm
Fuel Economy: 8.62kmpl
Fuel capacity and Range: 75l/650km
4WD lock: No
Diff Lock: No
Ground Clearance: 235mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 5,052 x 1,968 x 1,740
Weight: 2,330kg (kerb)
Off-Road Driving Modes: Yes
Headlight Washers: Yes
Boot Capacity: 775l
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip