OD SUV Slugfest: Audi Q7
This is one of the most aspired for SUVs in India and a symbol of having arrived.
Styling and street presence
A great example of modern day SUV design. It's sleek and smart, but not daunting enough for some. Finely sculpted body, however dimensionally it appears too long.
Seating and visibility
Easy to enter and exit and front quarter glass increases cornering vision. Very good wiper sweep.
Has the famed quattro all-wheel drive and best-in-class 235mm of ground clearance, which is exceptional. The adaptive air suspension has ride adjust and rises in the off-road/lift mode.
Effective headlight washers and a useful 360 degree camera with selectable views. Also underbody protection. With third row seats up, boot space is limited and deflated spare wheel further reduces room available. Inflating it is a pain.
Touring ability and performance
Powerful engine and range of about 750km. Great high speed stability and long legs for extended road trips.
Feels massive on the stage and suspension is also too soft. There is a bit of body roll and a sense of floating, but braking is assured and steering accurately points it in the right direction.
Price: Rs 1.05 crore (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 3.0D/248PS/600Nm
Fuel Economy: 8.62kmpl
Fuel capacity and Range: 75l/650km
4WD lock: No
Diff Lock: No
Ground Clearance: 235mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 5,052 x 1,968 x 1,740
Weight: 2,330kg (kerb)
Off-Road Driving Modes: Yes
Headlight Washers: Yes
Boot Capacity: 775l
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018