OD SUV Slugfest: Jeep Wrangler
Traces its DNA to the WWII model Willys MB, also known as Jeep. This makes the Wrangler the direct descendent of the first real SUV ever.
Styling and street presence
Design is clearly from the original Jeep, with modern additions and adaptations. The harmonious fusion of old and new gives it a lot of character. The street presence is enormous and only matched by the Mercedes-Benz G-Class. Like the G63, it has round H4 headlights from the 70s with halogen bulbs.
Seating and visibility
You have to climb in and the upright windscreen offers a good view that is only partially obstructed by the A-pillars. Old style wipers clean a fair area.
One of the most capable off-roaders in the world. It has 4WD with low ratio and the heavy duty axles and suspension give it go anywhere capability.
Strong skid plates for transfer case and fuel tank, but limited space, especially in the two door version.
Touring ability and performance
On road performance is fairly decent.
Four-wheel drive works well and braking is confident too. But not meant for fast stage times.
Price: Rs 78.07 lakh (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 2.8D/200PS/460Nm
Fuel Economy: 12.1kmpl
Fuel capacity and Range: 85l/1,075km
4WD lock: Yes
Diff Lock: Yes
Ground Clearance: 186mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 4,583 x 1,877 x 1,829
Weight: 2,119kg (gross)
Off-Road Driving Modes: No
Headlight Washers: No
Boot Capacity: 884l
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.19 Crore
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil