OD SUV Slugfest: Jeep Wrangler
Traces its DNA to the WWII model Willys MB, also known as Jeep. This makes the Wrangler the direct descendent of the first real SUV ever.
Styling and street presence
Design is clearly from the original Jeep, with modern additions and adaptations. The harmonious fusion of old and new gives it a lot of character. The street presence is enormous and only matched by the Mercedes-Benz G-Class. Like the G63, it has round H4 headlights from the 70s with halogen bulbs.
Seating and visibility
You have to climb in and the upright windscreen offers a good view that is only partially obstructed by the A-pillars. Old style wipers clean a fair area.
One of the most capable off-roaders in the world. It has 4WD with low ratio and the heavy duty axles and suspension give it go anywhere capability.
Strong skid plates for transfer case and fuel tank, but limited space, especially in the two door version.
Touring ability and performance
On road performance is fairly decent.
Four-wheel drive works well and braking is confident too. But not meant for fast stage times.
Price: Rs 78.07 lakh (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 2.8D/200PS/460Nm
Fuel Economy: 12.1kmpl
Fuel capacity and Range: 85l/1,075km
4WD lock: Yes
Diff Lock: Yes
Ground Clearance: 186mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 4,583 x 1,877 x 1,829
Weight: 2,119kg (gross)
Off-Road Driving Modes: No
Headlight Washers: No
Boot Capacity: 884l
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.19 Crore
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship