OD SUV Slugfest: Jeep Wrangler
Traces its DNA to the WWII model Willys MB, also known as Jeep. This makes the Wrangler the direct descendent of the first real SUV ever.
Styling and street presence
Design is clearly from the original Jeep, with modern additions and adaptations. The harmonious fusion of old and new gives it a lot of character. The street presence is enormous and only matched by the Mercedes-Benz G-Class. Like the G63, it has round H4 headlights from the 70s with halogen bulbs.
Seating and visibility
You have to climb in and the upright windscreen offers a good view that is only partially obstructed by the A-pillars. Old style wipers clean a fair area.
One of the most capable off-roaders in the world. It has 4WD with low ratio and the heavy duty axles and suspension give it go anywhere capability.
Strong skid plates for transfer case and fuel tank, but limited space, especially in the two door version.
Touring ability and performance
On road performance is fairly decent.
Four-wheel drive works well and braking is confident too. But not meant for fast stage times.
Price: Rs 78.07 lakh (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 2.8D/200PS/460Nm
Fuel Economy: 12.1kmpl
Fuel capacity and Range: 85l/1,075km
4WD lock: Yes
Diff Lock: Yes
Ground Clearance: 186mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 4,583 x 1,877 x 1,829
Weight: 2,119kg (gross)
Off-Road Driving Modes: No
Headlight Washers: No
Boot Capacity: 884l
Starts Rs 63.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.5 Crore
- NewsToyota India hikes prices of all models, including Vellfire and Camry Hybrid
- News20,000th Bentley Bentayga rolled out from the Crewe production facility in UK
- NewsMaruti Suzuki has sold more than 1 lakh CNG vehicles in FY 2019-20
- NewsKawasaki USA issues a recall regarding ECU error
- NewsWhat Rolls-Royce owners use the exclusive Whispers app for during lockdown