OD SUV Slugfest: Nissan Terrano
The Terrano is a close cousin of the Renault Duster and similar in most ways.
Styling and street presence
The body panels are all the same as the Duster, with the Nissan Terrano just having different styling elements like front grille, headlights, etc. Though minor, the changes make the Terrano look a bit more premium.
Seating and visibility
Other than the different colour combinations, the interiors are almost identical.
Here the Terrano differs as it has a slightly lower ground clearance of 205mm. More significantly, it is only offered with front-wheel drive.
Again they are alike, although the Terrano does have a small storage cavity with a lid on top of the dash.
Touring ability and performance
There is little to differentiate these identical twins. Of course, the all-wheel-drive available on the Duster means it has far superior traction and grip, especially in slippery conditions. In rough weather or on loose terrain, the Terrano will struggle to match the Duster's performance, particularly on long voyages with diverse driving conditions.
The difference in timings between the Duster and Terrano immediately establishes the all-wheel-drive system's contribution. The Terrano's timing is respectable and proves that the performance and overall driving dynamics are very good.
Price: Rs 15.48 lakh (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 1.5D/110PS/245Nm
Fuel Economy: 17.1kmpl
Fuel capacity & Range: 44l/750km
4WD lock: No
Diff Lock: No
Ground Clearance: 205mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 4,331 x 1,822 x 1,671
Weight: 1,802kg (gross)
Off-Road Driving Modes: No
Headlight Washers: No
Boot Capacity: 475l
All about the OVERDRIVE SUV Slugfest
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019