OD SUV Slugfest: Nissan Terrano
The Terrano is a close cousin of the Renault Duster and similar in most ways.
Styling and street presence
The body panels are all the same as the Duster, with the Nissan Terrano just having different styling elements like front grille, headlights, etc. Though minor, the changes make the Terrano look a bit more premium.
Seating and visibility
Other than the different colour combinations, the interiors are almost identical.
Here the Terrano differs as it has a slightly lower ground clearance of 205mm. More significantly, it is only offered with front-wheel drive.
Again they are alike, although the Terrano does have a small storage cavity with a lid on top of the dash.
Touring ability and performance
There is little to differentiate these identical twins. Of course, the all-wheel-drive available on the Duster means it has far superior traction and grip, especially in slippery conditions. In rough weather or on loose terrain, the Terrano will struggle to match the Duster's performance, particularly on long voyages with diverse driving conditions.
The difference in timings between the Duster and Terrano immediately establishes the all-wheel-drive system's contribution. The Terrano's timing is respectable and proves that the performance and overall driving dynamics are very good.
Price: Rs 15.48 lakh (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 1.5D/110PS/245Nm
Fuel Economy: 17.1kmpl
Fuel capacity & Range: 44l/750km
4WD lock: No
Diff Lock: No
Ground Clearance: 205mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 4,331 x 1,822 x 1,671
Weight: 1,802kg (gross)
Off-Road Driving Modes: No
Headlight Washers: No
Boot Capacity: 475l
All about the OVERDRIVE SUV Slugfest
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil