OD SUV Slugfest: Nissan Terrano
The Terrano is a close cousin of the Renault Duster and similar in most ways.
Styling and street presence
The body panels are all the same as the Duster, with the Nissan Terrano just having different styling elements like front grille, headlights, etc. Though minor, the changes make the Terrano look a bit more premium.
Seating and visibility
Other than the different colour combinations, the interiors are almost identical.
Here the Terrano differs as it has a slightly lower ground clearance of 205mm. More significantly, it is only offered with front-wheel drive.
Again they are alike, although the Terrano does have a small storage cavity with a lid on top of the dash.
Touring ability and performance
There is little to differentiate these identical twins. Of course, the all-wheel-drive available on the Duster means it has far superior traction and grip, especially in slippery conditions. In rough weather or on loose terrain, the Terrano will struggle to match the Duster's performance, particularly on long voyages with diverse driving conditions.
The difference in timings between the Duster and Terrano immediately establishes the all-wheel-drive system's contribution. The Terrano's timing is respectable and proves that the performance and overall driving dynamics are very good.
Price: Rs 15.48 lakh (on-road, Mumbai)
Engine type: 1.5D/110PS/245Nm
Fuel Economy: 17.1kmpl
Fuel capacity & Range: 44l/750km
4WD lock: No
Diff Lock: No
Ground Clearance: 205mm
Dimensions (LWH) mm: 4,331 x 1,822 x 1,671
Weight: 1,802kg (gross)
Off-Road Driving Modes: No
Headlight Washers: No
Boot Capacity: 475l
All about the OVERDRIVE SUV Slugfest
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- FeaturesMeeting the Tribe(r): Renault Triber South Africa launch
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz 1.2-litre turbo-petrol spotted testing in India
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055