On test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
The Grand Pitstop paddock stand may seem like any other paddock stand, but there are a few unique elements that make this paddock stand a must have, according to Grand Pitstop.
But who is Grand Pitstop?
Grand Pitstop is a motorcycle and car accessories designer with products ranging from paddock stands to puncture repair kits to bike maintenance products.
What's so special about this paddock stand?
Grand Pitstop says that its paddock stand can be used on almost any kind of motorcycle, even it does not have swing arm mounted spools to attach the claw end of the paddock stand.
The stand comes with an L-shaped attachment that can be placed underneath the swingarm. A rubber pad on the metal surface ensures that there the mount does not leave any scratches on the swingarm. There's another set of rubber pads on the paddock stand handle that ensures the surface that it rests on, say a tile for instance, does not get scuffed or damaged.
The stand can handle the weight of everything from a KTM 390 Duke to a Suzuki Hayabusa.
What about storage ?
Grand Pitstop's solution to this problem is that its paddock stand can be dismantled into three pieces and stored. This also makes it easy to carry the stand around.
What's in the box?
The box contains the paddock stand in a dismantled state, nuts and bolts to connect put the stand together, claw shaped holders for bike's with swingarm spools and instructions.
The stand is pretty easy and straightforward to put together. The rubber mounts are broad enough to accomodate the swingarm on our Apache RR310 longterm test bike. We shall use the stand to park bikes as well carry out general maintenance. Stay tuned to know how the Grand Pitstop paddock stand worked with the array of bikes we test.
Starts Rs 2,35,931
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil