On test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
The Grand Pitstop paddock stand may seem like any other paddock stand, but there are a few unique elements that make this paddock stand a must have, according to Grand Pitstop.
But who is Grand Pitstop?
Grand Pitstop is a motorcycle and car accessories designer with products ranging from paddock stands to puncture repair kits to bike maintenance products.
What's so special about this paddock stand?
Grand Pitstop says that its paddock stand can be used on almost any kind of motorcycle, even it does not have swing arm mounted spools to attach the claw end of the paddock stand.
The stand comes with an L-shaped attachment that can be placed underneath the swingarm. A rubber pad on the metal surface ensures that there the mount does not leave any scratches on the swingarm. There's another set of rubber pads on the paddock stand handle that ensures the surface that it rests on, say a tile for instance, does not get scuffed or damaged.
The stand can handle the weight of everything from a KTM 390 Duke to a Suzuki Hayabusa.
What about storage ?
Grand Pitstop's solution to this problem is that its paddock stand can be dismantled into three pieces and stored. This also makes it easy to carry the stand around.
What's in the box?
The box contains the paddock stand in a dismantled state, nuts and bolts to connect put the stand together, claw shaped holders for bike's with swingarm spools and instructions.
The stand is pretty easy and straightforward to put together. The rubber mounts are broad enough to accomodate the swingarm on our Apache RR310 longterm test bike. We shall use the stand to park bikes as well carry out general maintenance. Stay tuned to know how the Grand Pitstop paddock stand worked with the array of bikes we test.
Starts Rs 2,35,931
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh