Product review: Hyperkewl Cooling Sport Vest
The Hyperkewl jacket is something I ran across while browsing something similar in a Rev'It catalogue years ago. Then my Kiwi coach at CSS, a few years ago, was using one of their, erm, thingies to cool his neck in the Chennai heat and the memory remained. So instead of paying Rs 6,000 on Amazon India, I snagged this one for Rs 2,000-odd on eBay the last time I was in the US.
I've been using it off and on, and it's definitely something to consider. The idea is that the jacket's quilted fabric has a chemical that you 'charge' with water by submerging it for a minute or two. And you wear the jacket underneath your riding gear after wringing out any excess water. Simple.
What happens immediately is that instead of the wet feeling, you get more of a cold feeling from the Hyperkewl which feels good and interesting. What I was not expecting was the vast difference in feel when worn with mesh. You see, it appears that the high ventilation of the mesh dries the Hyperkewl out very rapidly and then it just acts as a wind block. Not very useful. But if the gear is not well-vented, then the cool effect stays for long and feels very welcome too. Would I pay Rs 6,000 for this? Perhaps not. But it does work.
Price: Rs 6,000
- NewsYamaha FZS-FI gets a rear disc brake
- NewsFord EcoSport Storm 4WD images leaked
- NewsKia Motors India appoints Manohar Bhat as head of marketing and sales, Yong S Kim as executive director
- News2018 Isuzu D-Max V-Cross launched at Rs 14.31 lakh
- NewsJK Tyre appoints Rajiv Prasad as president of India operations
- NewsMahindra Mojo UT300 with carb, single exhaust spotted at dealership
- NewsMotor racing legend Dan Gurney passes away
- NewsFord Mustang Bullitt limited edition pays homage to Steve McQueen and the greatest car chase in cinema
- NewsMercedes-Benz India launches Mobilo assistance service programme for customers
- NewsLexus LS 500h launched in India at Rs 1.77 crore