Product review: Hyperkewl Cooling Sport Vest
The Hyperkewl jacket is something I ran across while browsing something similar in a Rev'It catalogue years ago. Then my Kiwi coach at CSS, a few years ago, was using one of their, erm, thingies to cool his neck in the Chennai heat and the memory remained. So instead of paying Rs 6,000 on Amazon India, I snagged this one for Rs 2,000-odd on eBay the last time I was in the US.
I've been using it off and on, and it's definitely something to consider. The idea is that the jacket's quilted fabric has a chemical that you 'charge' with water by submerging it for a minute or two. And you wear the jacket underneath your riding gear after wringing out any excess water. Simple.
What happens immediately is that instead of the wet feeling, you get more of a cold feeling from the Hyperkewl which feels good and interesting. What I was not expecting was the vast difference in feel when worn with mesh. You see, it appears that the high ventilation of the mesh dries the Hyperkewl out very rapidly and then it just acts as a wind block. Not very useful. But if the gear is not well-vented, then the cool effect stays for long and feels very welcome too. Would I pay Rs 6,000 for this? Perhaps not. But it does work.
Price: Rs 6,000
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore