Product review: Meguiar's water magnet
A microfibre drying towel might not be the most glamorous thing in the world, but not having red, raw hands from wringing out a cloth is pretty valuable if you wash your own car or motorcycle. Since I wash my car myself quite often, I'm constantly on the look out for a good quality cloth to wipe the car dry. And when it comes to wring-free drying, the Water Magnet is king. It's made of a waffle-weave, which sounds yummy, but also increases the surface area of the drying fibres - meaning you get effectively double the drying power.
Available in large sizes, this is useful if you subscribe to the blot-to-dry method, since it can easily spread right over the entire hood or roof of a hatchback like the Maruti Suzuki Swift. It's also large enough to cover most of the hood area on a car as large as the Renault Captur even. If you prefer to fold it over and wipe dry, that works especially well. After multiple wash cycles, including with detergent to clean off some stubborn grease stains, the drying power hasn't been reduced. While it can be argued that you can purchase a dozen local drying towels or even a stack of local microfibre cloths for the same price, trust us, you won't get anywhere near the same functionality.
Price: Rs 900
Available at: amazon.in
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900