Product review: Meguiar's water magnet
A microfibre drying towel might not be the most glamorous thing in the world, but not having red, raw hands from wringing out a cloth is pretty valuable if you wash your own car or motorcycle. Since I wash my car myself quite often, I'm constantly on the look out for a good quality cloth to wipe the car dry. And when it comes to wring-free drying, the Water Magnet is king. It's made of a waffle-weave, which sounds yummy, but also increases the surface area of the drying fibres - meaning you get effectively double the drying power.
Available in large sizes, this is useful if you subscribe to the blot-to-dry method, since it can easily spread right over the entire hood or roof of a hatchback like the Maruti Suzuki Swift. It's also large enough to cover most of the hood area on a car as large as the Renault Captur even. If you prefer to fold it over and wipe dry, that works especially well. After multiple wash cycles, including with detergent to clean off some stubborn grease stains, the drying power hasn't been reduced. While it can be argued that you can purchase a dozen local drying towels or even a stack of local microfibre cloths for the same price, trust us, you won't get anywhere near the same functionality.
Price: Rs 900
Available at: amazon.in
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Toyota Camry launch in India
- NewsDakar 2019: Heroic Toby Price powers through to second Dakar win
- NewsDakar 2019: Nasser Al-Attiyah takes third Dakar crown
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani