Product review: SW-Motech Auxiliary Light Mounts for Crashbars
I selected the SW-Motech mount because of its low price. And it's extremely well-made as plastic mounts go, down to the multiple, shaped inserts to accommodate a range of tube diameters for mounting. These mounts were my choice for adding the excellent Denali D4 LED lights to the 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S which is on long term test with OVERDRIVE.
Mounting it is easy as pie. One side of the mount is hinged and you tighten a substantial bolt on the other side. And that's it. The light goes on to top of the mount and another bolt ensures it stays in place once focussed.
The SW-Motech Hawk mounts use a plastic block hinged on side to mount to the crash bar and the comprehensive kit includes a quartet of shaped inserts to accommodate the tube you're mounting the lights on
The only issue with the SW-Motech mounts, really, is that the Denali Auxiliary Light Mount ones offer one more axis of adjustment possibility than this one. Not that it affected my ability to focus the Denali D4s in the least. The small size of the mount produces a cleaner looking install, and visible wiring is at a minimum.
What I loved about this mount is that when the Ducati fell on the left side D4, it shredded the SW-Motech mount. But the shredded mount might be one of the reasons why the light survived with just two little scratches for a substantial impact.
In terms of pricing and function, then, the SW-Motech mounts get top marks. Big Bad Bikes gets a mention for their extremely swift response and shipping times.
Price: Rs 3,550
Available at: bigbadbikes.com
Starts Rs 15,38,000
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively