Product review: Xpd XP3-S riding boots
Xpd is a sub brand of Italian riding gear Spidi, created to cater to the more budget conscious rider. I was in the market for a new set of riding boots for quite a while and picked up the Xpd XP3-S boots from JV Promoto based in Mumbai. Here's what I think of these sport tourer boots.
The XP3-S is claimed to be the "fastest and most comfortable boot in the XPD world." I found that it's really an all-round boot with a slight lean towards track riding thanks to the replaceable metal slider and a reasonable amount of ventilation. There is a large PU heel cup and also vented PU protection for the shin and ankle. It's made from leather while the inner side of the boot has a nice suede finish that I really like because it ensures that the body work on my KTM RC 390 stays free of scratches. It also adds to the premium feel. The sole of the boot is made by a third party manufacturer called Skywalk that specialises in soles.
The XP3-S are really comfortable boots. They are easy to get on and off too (as good as the more touring-focussed VR6 that Alan has just picked up - a review is around the corner). I attended the TWO Track School last month and it was comfortable to take them off between each session. The vented leather panels as well as the mesh cutouts kept the boot cool despite it being a very hot day in Coimbatore. Did I also mention that these boots are one of the lightest I've used so far? They retail for Rs 16,500 here in Mumbai, that's the same as the international retailing price. The XP3-S, then, are attractive, comfortable and light riding boots.
Available for Rs 16,500 at www.jvpromoto.com
For more riding gear product reviews, click here
Starts Rs 2,35,735
- News2018 Honda HR-V facelift image leaked before official reveal
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Indian Roadmaster Elite to be launched in India in Feb 2018, priced at Rs 60 lakh
- News700PS Ferrari 488 GTO image leaks ahead of Geneva debut
- News2018 Geneva Motor Show: Skoda Fabia facelift teased, to be unveiled in March
- NewsMahindra Racing announces strategic partnership with Pininfarina and Tech Mahindra
- NewsFord Endeavour 2.2L gets sunroof, priced at Rs 29.57 lakh in India
- FeaturesEnter Sandman: The 2018 Dakar Experience
- Review2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster first ride review
- NewsFord Freestyle, Figo-based crossover to be unveiled in India on Jan 31
- NewsAll-new Ducati Panigale V4: How it was made?